Make it clap!

Now were clappin cuz now from the moment that i heard you say it was like my favorite track and im like ooh replay it!

Monday, April 10

The Final Stretch

"If I were worthy of such a favor from my God, I would ask that he grant me this one miracle: that by His grace He would make of me a good man..."

PASSING BY:
Its crazy how quicky time passes by, forreal one min. you're apart of something, the next you're juss reflecting back on those times. I cant believe I'm going to be freakin' 24 this year oh man...rob was juss relling me how he remembers my 19th birfday swimming pool bash. Crazzzy, which means he's known me since I was 18! Not only have I known rob for 7 years, but that includes errone else in that circle, soratorios, mike t., mejias, fred, velascos, and more. 7 years ago I dont think I wouldve ever thought of being where I am today. Not that I've really accomplished anything besides juss increasing my as mark anthony called it, 'vast network of friends.' ha You watch people grow not juss physically, or personally but I mean spiritually as well. I was telling abe if he remembers when he had entertained the thought of seriously converting. All that seemed so long ago, but it was only juss last year. Hijole! People are moving on w/their lives quicker that I guess I had ever expected. I dont know if there's a real point but I guess you really should enjoy life day by day. Its juss too bad you cant have a remote and rewmind back to them good ol' days.

MARRIAGES: Within the past year I've been finding out more people who are engaged to get married. Last month I found out an old close friend of mine who I use to work with is engaged. Her and her bf have been together forever, ever since they both had finished hs. In a sense I'm not real suprised but like I said earlier, some people move on w/their lives faster than I had expected. Charisse Nini is engaged to leo plaza I found out last friday. To me thas big news and I think it was big news to errone who's known her for a while. That was a real unexpected one, if you knew her as well I did then I think you'd understand. Its crazy how two years ago, we were real close oh man to the poiint where we would talk every day on the phone. I mean literally everyday she would call me whether on her way home from work or to the gym or out to dinner, we'd talk. Dang those were days alright...


OLD TERRITORY: On monday I went back to my old hs to pick up these posters to use for elizabeth's talk. My how each time I go there, it becomes stranger and stranger. Keturah and I were talking how it's going to be 7 years in June since we've graduated. Myspace does wonders now a days ha. Anyway, the place is still almost the same, but with different teachers, different admin. Ahh good ol western, I found out that the skool got accredited again, which is good cuz its now a distinugished skool. Interntational week is coming up this week and yup, Im planning on going. I always remember that it always ends up landing on holy week for some reason. Which meant on food fair fridays I couldnt eat meat. Never failed to land on holy week, I still dont get why. Talking with an ol teacher she was sharing w/me how academics are a lot harder now. The kids are held to be more accountable for their work that they do. Maybe thas why the core seem to have more hw now a days. I do must say I kinda miss the whole hs scene. Those were days, thought its funny how some people/things juss never change.

HAPPY 61st ANNIVERSARY: My grandparents celebrated their 61st wedding anniversary this past week. 61 years, sure is something unique now a days. Heck you'll be lucky to find a couple who's been married for even 5. It sucks to see how much of a trend the divorce rate is. On more a positive note, the two of them really define what marriage vows is all bout. Being there for each side by side, through thick and through thin. Especially this past year, w/my grandpa falling and errthang. She's made a lot of sacrifices but thas wha the essence of a good marriage is all bout. Sticking by each other and making sacrifices even when it sucks. I know I should make time to visit more often, but I juss praise GOd that I still ahve them around. Its a blessing knowing that they're only right around the corner from me. One of my favorite pictures, that I need to print and put on my desk at work.

BIRFDAY SHOUT OUT: While I'm on the subject of happy, I mine as well give a couple of april birfday shout outs. Last tuesday was my godson's 6th birfday, sheesh I cant believe he's freakin already 6. It probably sounds reduduant but time goes by too fast. I still remember going to his baptism back in 98! ha This is how we do from 98 till oh wait...its 96 till ha. Anyway, there's this picture of him when he was like only 2 on my desk. He's such an adorable kid, even w/his grills ha! So he has these two silver teeth in the front, I forgot why he has them. Anyway one time when that music video for grillz came on he asked my cousin, 'thas not fair he(nelly)has more than i do!' hahahahaha I love that kid! The shout out going to carl, who was in my confirmation class for two years. I've grown to become close to the guy, last year he had invited me to his birfday party at his house. He's a real good kid, has his priorities straight, smart, all that jazz. Im glad that he's around still, Im still working on bringing him to holy fam youf gorup. Though in time, I know it'll happen. Happy birfday to two fantastic kids!

RUBIOS: Peebs and I were able to keep our lenten lunch tradition after all this year! I was getting a little worried that it wasn't going to happen this year, we've bof been so busy. For the past couple of years her and I have this tradition that once a year on a friday during lent we have rubios for lunch. Kinda like how on valentine's day rob and I have our philly cheesesteak sandwhich luncheon. ANyway, so we ate and it was funny cuz I ran into allen and kennedy folks over there. Her and I had a good time catching up on life and whas going on. It's pretty much the only time we really hang out ha. Literally, lent is the only time we have lunch its our 'pb annual lenten luncheon.' Fun times catching up! till next year ha!

ASIAN FLICKS: I guess apparently I've been on this 'asian flicks' thing. Thursday nite I was at rob's new house helping him put up some curtains. ANyway, I ended up watching the debut over there. It was funny watching it and looking how things were then, and now. Thas one of my favorite movies ha I was so excited when it came out on dvd I juss had to buy it. I think errfilipino in 562 area was in that movie or played some type of extra part in that movie. Speaking of asian films, that movie 'flipside' never made it out on dvd. Jay and I had gone to go watch it one friday afternoon, the movie was alright, it juss bugged that it was in black and white the whole time. Saturday I was at the moya house again helping move stuff and I browsing through the dvd collectiong for something ot watch, and I ended up picking BLT. Ha thas a classic asian film. I never got to finish watching it there, but I didnt realize until now that it was filmed at cypress hs. I mean I knew it was fimed here and the plot took place here in the oc, but I didnt knoiw it was that close.

SPIRIT RALLY: I hate when two things that I really want to do happen on same days and time. Sunny HIlls pcn was saturday nite, as well liwanag's spirit rally. I wanted to go to pcn cuz some of my kids were there and I juss wnated ot show some support. Then again its tradition for me to go spirit rally ever since 03, and I havent missed one since. Yeah Im real anal bout following through w/traditions ha. Well I ended up going to the spirit rally and Im glad I went. Praise & worship was real nice and reflective, the skits were good, action song medley felt like old times, good way to spend a saturday nite. Blessed and broken the perfect lenten theme for a rally. On top of that it was coo catching up w/ol communities man it felt juss like ol times.

GREASE: Friday I went to go watch dane's grease musical at artesia hs, great performance. It was funny seeing all asians in the cast. Dane cracked me up, he totally got into character playing danny. He looked like one of those puppets from that movie team america. ha I think its nice when you have the people you love come out and support you w/stuff like that. I remember being in drama my freshmen year in hs. My whole family came out and watched my shows, the whole skool would be there...maaan. I was expecting the musical to go along w/the movie, but its like two different story lines.

NEVER FOLLOW: Friday I went by myself to go watch take the lead and it was freakin great! It made me want to learn how to ballroom dance. Thas why I liked that show so you think you can dance, cuz it took people out of their dance 'comfort zones' and put them in situations to learn a different style. Anyway, the movie was your typical teacher wanting to help low income students and challenge them to grow. Of course the movie always ends up like taht but in the process there's struggle w/the 'bad' students and lack of admin. support. In the end though errone ends up being a winner. Yup, my type of movies alright! I really want to watch it again though, anyone interested?

SOMETHING NEW: HAd an interesting afternoon going to new places. My friend keturah picked me up and we went to this new store in the cerritos mall called, '1000 steps.' She works for the whole demo, pac sun company, and that store falls within that comp. She's the new store opening manager or something like that. When a new store opens or is about to open she plans errthang for their grandopening. Small store all shoes but nice design. Afterwards raced over to west hollywood and went to the beverly center. Saw this triple 5 soul jacket that I REALLY wanted, but alas didnt buy. Its freakin nice mall over, well duh of course its in beverly hills. I was hoping to run into some type of celeberity, but nothhing like that happened. Then ate at roscose's chicken and waffles for the first time. I dont really see the big deal in the place, I think people over hyped up. It wasn't anything real wowowee for me, I think I wouldve rather had hooters.


Spring break almost here!

"Shake them dreads, shake them dreads..."im done, im out God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home