Make it clap!

Now were clappin cuz now from the moment that i heard you say it was like my favorite track and im like ooh replay it!

Saturday, May 17

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. He who is a hireling and not a shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf snatches them and scatters them.He flees because he is a hireling and cares nothing for the sheep.I am the good shepherd; I know my own and my own know me, as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. And I have other sheep, that are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will heed my voice. So there shall be one flock, one shepherd. For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life, that I may take it again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again; this charge I have received from my Father."

'After all i've done for you, this is how you treat me?' Ever feel like saying that to somebody after you have been so good to them and they dont return the favor? If you are a parent, a mother, maybe you have more than felt like saying that. Maybe you have actually straight out said something like this:

'From teh time you were born, i lived my life for you. There was not a day went by that i didnt put your needs ahead of mine. I slaved, i sacarficed, i denied myself errday so that you could have not only what you needed but much more. I sat up at night w/you when hyou were sick, i dressed you warm, yo uwere never without more than enough food; i sent you to the finest schools i could afford. And this is how you turn out. I expected mroe from you. I really did. Much more!'

'See these wrinkles in my face, feel how rough my skin is? It's all cuz i neglected myself to take care of you. And this is all the thanks i get for it, this is the result of all my sacrifices. You have not only dissapointed me, you ahve hurt me deeper then you can ever know. YOu might juss as well have cut out my heart.'

Have any of you who are parents ever felt like saying something like that to your children? Or you who are wives or gfs something similiar to your husbands/bfs, or husbands/bfs to wives/gfs. When parents devote their lives to the upbringing of their children and do not get the results they hoped for, when one spouse lives for the other it becomes obvious it is a one-way relationship, when one friend is always carrying the ball that keeps the friendship alive, there can come a time when it takes heroic restraint to keep from saying, 'After all ive done for you, this is how you treat me?' hurrs where im throwin that god card...Do you suppose Jesus has ever been tempted to say that?

Jesus Christ who laid down his life for us, do you suppose he has any expectations of us? I would this so. Besides finding a little gratitude in our hearts i would think he would like to see us shaping up our lives a bit-sort of a long the lines of how he told us to live. I suspect Jesus expects us to do all in our power to stop sinning. What do you think? The Son of God left heaven, became human being, and allowed himself to be treated roughly by the very same people he came to save. And what did they do in return for him? What do we do in return for his life he gave up for us? Do you suppose he was, or still often is tempted to say, 'After all ive done for you, this is how you treat me?' Maybe he;s been tempted, but i dont hurr JEsus saying anything like that.

Have you noticed it? Jesus, in the gospel says he is not complaining that we are reponsible for his death, he is not blaming us for what happened to him. He is not trying to shame us into shaping up our lives because of the great sacrafices he made for us. Jesus is not trying to blackmail us or force us in any way to live his way because of waht he has done for us. Jesus is not saying, "I died for you; now what are you going to do for me?" He simply states:

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. He who is a hireling and not a shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf snatches them and scatters them.He flees because he is a hireling and cares nothing for the sheep.I am the good shepherd...for these sheep i wll give my life."

Check it, Jesus is not blaming the sheep for any harm that comes to him from the wolf. Of his own free will he chooses to take the blunt of the wolf's visciousness so that his sheep are spared. And Jesus wants to make that point clear. What he did was a good shepherd, he did of his own free will:
"For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life, that I may take it again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again; this charge I have received from my Father."

Jesus died for us of his own free will. It was the will of his Father, it was his very own personal will that he protect us, his sheep, from the ravagings of the devil by givign himself to the devil in our place. Jesus allowed himself to be scourged, crowned with thorns, and crucified in our place. He lived and died and rose from the dead so that we would not go to hell but be taken into heaven. And when we dont thank him for what he;s done, when we dissapoint him by the way we live, he does not complain and say, "After all ive done for you, this is how you treat me?" No, he goes right along loving us, doing for us, and hoping that someday we will become the saints he knows we can be, that we will accept him and his gifts-and in return become like him.

That we become like Jesus Christ. That is what we all know must happen to errone who wishes to live in heaven. YOu and i are to be what is called, 'other Christs.' We are not only to follow his actions, we are to become like him in goodness of character as much as we possibly can. And one of those likeness is to do for others freely without complaining when they do not meet our expectations.

To be like Christ includes parents living and doing for their children of their own free will, spouses, bf & gf's devoted to one another of their own free will, and friends being real-friends of their own free will even if it is often a one-sided deal, w/o complaints or accusations., without saying, "After all ive done for you, this is how you treat me?" If we wish to be like Christ we are not to hold anyone hostage by the good deeds we do for them. But how so very much we hurt when they dont seem to even notice what we've done for them. Jesus, of all people is familiar with those hurts. Is it possible you and i sometimes hurt him?


The one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.


"...Even Jesus was stoned before receiving the throne..." im done, im out God bless!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home