Make it clap!

Now were clappin cuz now from the moment that i heard you say it was like my favorite track and im like ooh replay it!

Tuesday, January 11

I'm From New York, New York

"The Our Father contains all the duties we owe to God, the acts of all the virtues and the petitions for all our spiritual and corporal needs..."

Back home again...aggh! Thas always the down purrt of vacations(sometimes)is coming home again. I had the greatest time in the nyc, if I get another chance to go and visit, im going back. The last couple days I was thurr, I got use to the cold weather. Though during some purrts of the day it felt like the cold mornings over hurr. Anyway, well hurrs a recap of my trip in new york from saturday on.

So my cousin and I woke up early on sat. morning to do all the site seeing stuff. See this is how it works, we were staying in queens(thas right yo!) so were about 20-30 min. away from the big city. We got dropped off that morning to the train station which is 5 min. from the house. Bought our train & metro ticket, which was like $30. The train comes errhour on the 56, we had to catch 7:56am train out to the city. We got on the train and it was pretty coo experience. The train stops at like 4-5 different stops on the way to penn station, which is the drop off to the city.

We get to penn station and since we didnt have breakfast, we stopped and got a bagle. Oh my gosh, inside this penn station its freakin huge! They have restaraunts, shops, newstands all inside thie huge train station. Anyway, so we ate then walked up to 34th street and saw a miracle...ha get it?! Like I was saying, so we get to 34th street to catch one of the yellow line n,q,r,w, subways down to lower manhattan. Wow, I loved the whole subway experience its fun.

The first stop we did was to check out the whole staute of liberty. So we get to the loading dock for the furry to take us over to staten island. Well, we got the ferry and then we see it pass the statue, ha then we realized we were on the wrong one! AgH! We get off the furry and then get back on the other one back to loading dock. THen we walked over to battery purrk whurr the real loading dock for the state was. Paid the addmission to do the whole statue tour. Meanwhile, pocs from sfc in jersey called me inviting me to the cluster assembly @ 3pm. As much as I wanted to go(one of my goals was to check out an sfc/yfc event)I knew I wasnt going to make it on time.

Anyway, we paid the $10 and then we went on the furry to whurr the statue was. It was such a hassle cuz we had to do all these freakin security checks. Worse then going to the aurrport, I dont know how many times I had to load and unload errthang. THen they have this machine I forgot wha its called, but it blows aurr. You walked in and air spits you and I guess its to detect to make sure youre not currying any firearms or explosives. Ha! So we finally get into the statue purrts and its 16o steps of sturrs to get up thurr. Well you dont actually get inside the statue only to the one brick purrt.

So after we did the whole statue thing, we went back on the subway to go and check out the site of the world trade center. The ground zero thing isnt really all that, I mean thurrs nothing on thurr cuz its all gated up. They have billboard pics of wha it use to look like and then pics of wha it looked on sept. 11. After that we walked around a bit to check out the area, then hopped back on the subway and went to china town/little italy, and soho. Chinatown is crazzy, all these people selling shirts and wha not. Little italy is cool, on errcorner thurrs like a small italian restaraunt. ANd then on the polls its painted in green, red, and white. We stopped and ate at this italian pizza place, cuz we juss had to try it.

WOw the pizza is sooo good! Pizza will never taste the same to me anymore. Thurr whurr these people who came in to eat after us. Well they told the cook that it was the little girls birfday. So he comes and has flour all over his hands and tries to put it on her face. Juss messing around, I think its juss italian tradition or something. But eww the girl was being all maarate, she was getting on my nerves. The guy even asked her to help him make a pizza! How cool is that! But she kept refusing to do it. THen she asked if her friend could help also, the guy said yeah so she gets up and mumbles, 'i dont even want to make a freaking pizza.' Geez...someone needs a whole attitude adjustment.

THen we walked in the fashion district at soho, its tight over thurr. Juss blocks of shops, some big, some small. A lot of different hip hop sturrs. They had this really cool scholastic book sturr that was like wow! If I was real young again, I wouldve loved to stay in thurr for hours. They had this readers theatre and juss all kinds of books. Oh yeah we saw this fire station too in little italy. Also on the way back from the battery purrk, I saw this cool church. IT was a the shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton. So we went and checked it out, The church was small but it was real nice. I had taken a whole bunch of pics inside thurr too.

Back on the subway again to make our way up to times square. That place is crowded but it was so cool. They had this d0pe toys r us sturr that its like 3 floors! They even had a ferris wheel inside of it! Then they had this huge jurrsaic purrk dinosaur that looked real! Crazy! Saw the mtv studios, saw the light up broadway signs. Thurrs an nypd person on errstreet corner. People selling bootleg movies, cds, watches, and purses. Went into the quicksilver sturr and bought myself a NY sweatshirt and tshirt. Its like the same kind that I bought in maui, imma sturrt collecting those now. So anyway, going out of state soon let me know! haha

Got back on the subway to go back home. On the subway back to penn station, we met this cool guy. I think he was filipino anyway, told us how he use to be from pasadena and then moved to new york. He's an actor or probably more less an aspiring actor. From penn we got back on the train to queens. Thas whurr I left my camera, I fell asleep on the train ride home and I took my camera off my shoulders and I set down next to me. I realized it when I got home that it was gone...:sigh:

Sunday, we went to church w/the people we whurr staying with. Its a nice church, diocesian polish priests, pretty cool huh. I like how during the whole, "Lord I'm not worthy to receive you..."that they kneel. The church isnt as warm/friendly as sPv but it was cool. Father had a really good homily bout the baptism. I couldnt catch up w/all the stuff he was saying he was talking so fast. Anyway, afterwurrds we went to eat at this diner called the jackson hole. Its a nice little breakfast place to eat. They dropped us off at the station and we went back out to city and did some more stuff. Checked out the nyu dental skool whurr my cousin was going to have her intvw. at. Got on the bus over thurr cuz it was furr walk. Its coo cuz yo ucan use your metrocurrd fo the subway and buss.

Then we checked out the whole rockerfella center, I like to call it the rockafella center. ha They got a lot of banana republic sturrs out thurr. Then we saw people iceskating, it was hella crowded, people looked like a hurrd of cow ice skating in a circle. Saw the St. Patrick's Cathedral which was totally mesmerizing. They have the communion of states all around the entire church. Small little altars w/candles so people can pray to the saints. Then they had the huge altar for the big celebrations. THen they had this small altar called, Our lady of the rosary, I think thas it. ANyway, it was really bootiful check it...


Now I wish I had my digicam to zoom in, but thas the blesesd sacrament and then right above it, is Mama Mary. They wouldnt let you walk up to get a closer pic.


These are the doors to the church, pretty cool huh? ALl the different saints carved inside the doors. I really wish I had my digicam cuz that disposable one really sucked! Thurrs no zoom or anything, and for the price you pay for those things agh!

Im glad though at least this one turned out real clurr. How beautiful is that?! It was really croweded inside the church. Then behind the main altar is the memorial site for the past archbishops/cardinals from new york. Really pretty church! I wonder wha its like to hurr mass in thurr. its sites like this, that really make you appreciate your church and faith. Praise God!
After we walked around central purrk, which is huge! I bet you its so nice to be thurr during the summer and fall. Watching the leaves turn colors and seeing them fall. THen in the summer riding your bike or rollerblading. We saw a piece of the zoo I saw seals! They even have horse carriage rides and stuff you can do.

Came back home for a little bit then I decided since it was my last nite to go and take pics of time squrr. I was kinda skurred to go out bymyself since I had relied on my cousin during the whole weekend. Though I made it out okay! Met nas inside the subway station and I asked this foo to take a pic for me. He didnt even want to do it he asked me, 'why?' I said uhh cuz I want to. HE goes well I dont think youre suppose to, I said fine forget he goes no really. I said whatever then walked away. So I asked someone else ot take it for me and they did. AgH stupid guy!


Monday while my cousin had her invtw, I went back out to soho and looked for the triple 5 soul sturr. BUt I didnt find it and I forgot to get the exact cross streets it was on. Came back home and juss chilled till it was time to go back to the aurrport. All in all despite loosing the camera, I loved out thurr! I would love to go back out thurr and stay for anotha weekend. THe walking is tiring but you get use to it. Its funny how people juss jwalk all over the place. Praise God for juss a nice little break that I've wanted for a while. I even went to white castle! haha

Now its going back to the daily schedule and rountine again. I told mike that even though I was only gone for a week, it felt like I was gone for a whole week. I cant wait to go back thurr! Agh now its back to work and all that fun stuff. Greatttttttt! I hope it rains this weekend! yess! more rain!
I love New York! haha

"I got a hundred ways to make a grip, Yes, I'm from New York (New York..."im done, im out God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home