Make it clap!

Now were clappin cuz now from the moment that i heard you say it was like my favorite track and im like ooh replay it!

Monday, February 14

OA Awareness Day!

"The temple of the spirit is raised through work and suffering; and I would add that suffering counts for more than work..."

Dang, what a busy weekend, I've juss been going non-stop these past few weekends. From one place to another. Praise God for naps though! Woo! Praise God that I dont have anymore evening shifts to work anymore! Now that we have 2 more rec leaders things will help get a little more stable around the place. Though, the constant thought of putting in my two weeks tomorrow has crossed my mind countless times today. Oh why cant I juss win the lotto?! haha I guess it doesnt help cuz I dont play either.

So another valentine's day passes, it's funny to see people(especially young people)to figure out wha to do for thurr bf/gf. One of my thurs. kids, well he's techincally not in my class(he's in teh class next to me)called me asking me wha I was doing then asked if I could take him to see his gf tomorrow. Uhh since when did I last become chapperone? Ha Then one of my tues. kids asked me wha I was doing. Nothing was planned besides work and skool. He told me to find something to do and not stay home being lazy. Ha One of my other kids, is giving this girl whos become a 'real good friend' recently, chicken tenders since thas her fav. thing to eat. Haha

I've realized that valentine's day has become not 'single awareness day' cuz I really odnt liek that title. More less though, 'OA awareness day.' Of course, you may beg to differ, which is coo. Let me explain why I call it 'OA awareness day.' This title is going out to the those single people who have come up w/the title, 'single awareness day.' The ones who are all upset, depressed, basically OA cuz they have no one really to spend valentine's day with. Honestly though, is it worf getting all bent out of shape over something so small? I mean geez, errday could be a valentine's day for people, if they wanted it to be.

Now of course, you may juss think I sound bitter cuz I ' dont have a valentine.' I'm not, I'm not trying to sound cyncial either. I guess I get tired of people making a big deal bout nothing really. Like I said, you may beg to differ and thas alright youre entitled to your own opinion. Ü Thurrs juss more to life then getting all emo, sitting at home drowing your sorrows in slow jams cuz you may not have a 'valentine.' Though, in all reality you really do have a valentine. You have more than one valetine in fact, you have Jesus, you have the Blessed Mother, you have friends. Take the time out of this day to thank them for loving you for who you are.

Thurrs a couple of valentine traditions though I look forward to. First off for the past I dont know how many yurrs now, htb has this valentine's day special. For couples who have been murried for over x amount of yurrs they offer them a free lunch. It's so cute too cuz they have this background on the side whurr they take a poloraid of you and let you keep it. So, erryurrs we've been taking my grandpurrents over thurr. This april will be thurr 60th wedding anniversary! Woo! Then the other traidion, is the annual burr and isda philly cheesesteak luncheon. We sturrted this two yurrs ago, we go and have a philly cheesesteak sandwhich together for lunch. Ha except, last yurr agh he broke traidion! oh why?! haha so now we gotta sturrt all over again!

I was at sPv pretty much all day handing out fliers for the upcoming retreat. It's called 'The Calling' and its calling you to go and register today! We got a good pre-registration turn out, which was unexpected. Probably cuz of the announcements during mass, it got people's attention. One of my kid's mom asked to talk to me after 1215pm mass. She's so cute cuz errtime she sees me, she calls me 'mr. fish.' Anyway, she told me she was really excited that her son was signing up for the retreat. How she's wanted him to become more involved w/someting in the parish. I told her how he was blessed to have so many gifts. How he plays the geetar for class errtues. nite for me. SHe told me how before she wanted him to go somewhurr one tues. but he didnt want to cuz he wanted to play geetar for class. So it made me smile and feel good inside knowing thurr are young souls growing. Like I said, its amazing how God works through certain individuals.

Thurrs a lot february birfdays coming up. Ahlauna's birfday was the 4th, her purty was a blast! Jennif's was yesterday, she's always a fun person to hang around with. She's d0pe cuz she can be real w/you and juss be practical. Ryan's birfday is today, were not even close as we use to be anymore. I remember when him and I use to talk all the time. It's kinda sad when people change. Anyway, my aunt's dog, pennie's birfday is tomorrow. She was named pennie valentine cuz her birfday is the day after valentine's day. Lyn²'s is the 16th, I always see Christ through her whenever we talk. A person who's always willing to do wha she can to help others. My aunt's birfday is on the 17th. I can't remember the exact date off the top of my head, but aela's is coming up. Then my friend from hs swati's is on the 22nd and then my moms on the 25th. Ha told you I wasnt joking bout the many birfdays thurr whurr this month.

If you could please pray for some special intentions that I have at the moment that'd be great! Well have a great valentine's day and for all you single peeps out thurr, dont get oa today. Ha thurrs more to life then worrying bout one stinkin holiday.

Lenten Action.
Give a donation to charity.

Prayer
Healer of body and soul, cure the sickness in my spirit so that I may grow in holiness through your constant care. Amen

St. Valetine pray for us!

"With every breath I take, I will testify to love..."im done, im out God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home