Make it clap!

Now were clappin cuz now from the moment that i heard you say it was like my favorite track and im like ooh replay it!

Sunday, May 14

Over 200 Confirmed

"In dangers of sinning, when assailed by tempations, when doubtful as to how you should act, remember that Mary can help you, and if you call upon her, she will instantly help you..."

ANOTHER YEAR PASSED: I remember joking around w/jaymee and mo once bout how Ive been teaching confirmation for so long. At one point we made the analogy that I was like mc donalds in a way. Under the arch it says, 'over 80 billion sold,' well mine would be something to the effect of, 'over 200 confirmed.' haha anyway, another year has passed by. I wasnt sure exaclty how it was going to go being that I was getting a whole new set of kids. Confirmation was saturday and it was great, the bishop's homily was good, errthang was good except for the music. Erryear it seems like the music for confirmation ends up being whack. I was thinking during confirmation yesterday hwo cool the choir at holy fam was sounding right at that point. Oh well, nothing you can do. Tooks tons of pictures afterwards w/the kids, it was crowded like no other after mass was over. I was irritated at one of my kids for nto showing up till almost 10am, when I specifically told all of them to be there @ 9am! I was hoping that he wasn't going to show up, but he did darn. AFterwards I was invited by one of the families to go out to eat w/them at the olive garden. Over there I ended up running into a girl I went to jr. high-hs with. Man it seems like errones done w/skool now except me...I gotta get on that.

DANBROOK: The skool year is almost overr and wow its been one learning experience. I loved errminutes of it though. I was an unforgettable experience and now I can take the tools learned and apply them in other cases. The people I work with are freakin awesome, especially the teachers. There;s been times where Ive ended up staying past the time Im suppose to get off juss to sit and talk. The kids are great, even though tye can be a handful sometimes. Ive been on this writing kids up on referrals frenzy this past week. Ha I wrote 4 kids up in one day, yeaaah I loved it! However, there were a couple other opportunities but for some reason I felt compassionate and let them go. I feel bad doing it sometimes, though its their fault they make the wrong choices. Next year is going to be an interesting year though.


RECTORY:
Rectory days have been alright, theyre currently finishing up on the roof. Its been hot in the office w/no air conditioning. Im barely getting started on the calendars for the organizations. I've got 3 major ones done, 1 major one to go and the rest should run a little smoother I hope. Its cool how Ive gotten to know many of the different parish org. leaders in the short time I've been there. This new parish directory is coming out that I had put together and it looks pretty cool. It has all the info. on who each leader is for each organization. Looking at it makes me feel accomplished ha that was such a long project to do. Oh yeah were having a beach day next friday woo!

75th ANNIVERSARY: It seems 2006 is the year to celebrate many different anniversaries. Many local cities are celebrating their 50th anniversaries. Holy Fam has their 75th in June and its goign to be a jam packed month. ALl the festivities remind me of the huge summerfest at stanton. GOsh how I would dread working that day, juss thinking of the set up and long hours. The youf min. got out of doing balloons and face painting, so now will be doing the gold fish game. That sounds fun, a lot easier, now all we have to do is find the fish. The countdown begins until all the big june celebrations...graduations and birfdays. At least july will be a lot smoother, hopefully not as many things going on.

HFYA: The ministry is slowly growing, which is great. I knwo by next year it's going to be packed like the youf ministry. Trying to encourage and get other young adults go to go isnt the easiest thing. I felt a little bad last week cuz my coworker and I were talking, she was asking me questions bout the group asking me wha we do etc. I think she wsa expecting like some type of invitation, but I didnt. For some reason I juss thought she wouldn't exactly be into it being shes protestant. I shouldve reached out anyway...speaking of reaching out, I ran into walter that guy who I met at sPc ebfore and invited him to HFYA. He told me his schedule is going to be even more tighter being he got accepted into the long beach popo academy...dang hardcore. Anyway, back to HFYA, last wed. the meeting was nice standing room only. Banne brought some kappas who really enjoyed themselves and wanted to come back. Thas always a nice thing to hurr knowing the ministry was able to help them in some way. I think for many young adults there's a desire to serve in someplace but dont know where or how to get involved or juss to insecurr to take the initiative and go check it out.

MAI TAIS: Friday nite was mai tais nite to celebrate jay and mel's birfday. Took tons of pictures, cant wait till she posts them. I brought along chentel w/me, didnt feel like driving out there alone. I only had 1 amf that nite, being confirmation was the next nite, I didnt want to feel like crap the next morning. It wasnt as crowded as it normally is, though it was still packed. Nice to see ol faces who I dont see as much anymore or dont really see at all. Got home by 1am and oh man I was already exhausted. Whas funny being there is watching people walk down the steps all messed up and drunk or even seeing some people juss yack cuz they're juss drunk. Not the best feeling in the world thas fo sho.

SATURDAY: I wanted to go to mels birfday party in ontario but the thought of driving up there wasnt too appealing. After lunch at olive garden I was already feel the food coma. Ended up driving around getting gas and running some errands. Picked up francis and went to get his birfday/graduation gift. Ran into marc and his friend kiko at the mall as well as some cerritos kids. There's never a moment at the cerritos mall where you dont run into someone you know. Crazy thing is I had gone to joannes fabric earlier that day looking for stationary paper and I took a double glance at the guy at the chcek out and turns out to be this guy who I went to elementary skool with. Looked like he had his hands full w/his family. He saw me and gave me one of those 'you look familar' type of stares. I didnt go up and say anythign to him, maybe I shouldve. Anyway, picked up francis' confirmation gift at holy fam it was crazy over there cuz of the Fatima celebration. As I was walking ot the gate I saw the statue and I thought how pretty she looked. Dropped francis off and ended up chillin at marc's for a while.

SUNDAY: MOther's day was simple and easy. Went to mass at sPv w/the fam, the only time I really go to mass there now is on special occassions. The choir sucks there too well at least for 915am mass. Then it was sad cuz they didnt have the pre skool kids go up to the front of the altar like before. Fr. Anotonio said mass, which is funny when he celebrates mass in english. THough I like how when he gives his homilies he walks out in the congregation. AFter mass I juss had to go to holy fam cuz it jsus ddint feel right. I love going to mass there, its freaking the best, the choir sang my fav song, fr. johnny got the congregation involved w/their own testimonies of their mom. Had a few convos after mass w/some cool people and then I was off. Lunch at grandmas nothing spectacular its juss sad that a whole lot of grandkids were there. Ended up taking this long nap while watching dinotopia w/my little cousin.

HOOKED UP: So Iwas able to hook up one of my kids from last year up w/a prom date. He's liked leslie's sister for a while now, so I was able to convince him to ask her to go to his prom. At the same time convinced her to go w/him. It all worked out and he was extremely happy, it kinda brought back memories to how I was feeling my jr. prom. I stopped by the cerritos towne center to take a picture of them before they left. Ha Then sat w/them to start up a convo before leaving the two of them to do their own thing. I felt like a total parent watching their kid go to prom. hah













YEAR AGO: I was reflecting back on how a year ago I was going through a lot. There were many closed doors, feelings of rejection and anger going through my head. THen nervous as I was preparing for 2nd major surgery. Through it all though, he allowed one door to close so that new doors and windows of opportunities would happen. In fact I think its been a year now since I started this new blog format. ha Anyway, it really is His grace that is sufficient for us to get us through those dark moments.


Pray for my talk today!

"Jesus formed in your faith..."im done, im out God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home