Make it clap!

Now were clappin cuz now from the moment that i heard you say it was like my favorite track and im like ooh replay it!

Tuesday, June 23

Mission Accomplished

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for..."

BEEN A WHILE: Wow checking my blog, I haven't made an entry since February!! The Spammers have taken over my tagboard and it's become a ghost town on this site. The funny thing is how all of a sudden blogger is making a comeback. I've noticed how people have all of sudden jumped on a blog bandwagon and started a blogger.com account. I guess gone are the days of xangas, live journals, and all those other ones people use to use. Since I really am too lazy to update on a daily basis, I had really hoped to update at least once a month. Apparently that hasn't been happening though ha. So I guess I'll try and attempt to recap what's been going on in my life in the past 4-5 months. Sidenote, firework stands are out which means my birfday is juss around the corner! yay!

ANOTHER CLASS, ANOTHER YEAR: Season 5 or 6 (I can't even manage to keep track anymore) of confirmation ended. This class year was a pretty good set of all around kids. Erryear I always seem to get the class that all went to school together at sPv together. Anyway, I thought it was a good year, created bones with many of the kids and with a lot of the kids from the other classes. At the end of the year, there's always a small group who want to come back and want to be my aide for next year. That makes me smile. Actually this was the first year too that I had gone w/the class on their retreat. Normally I opt not to go cuz of whatever reason, but this year I decided to go and turned out to be a great experience overall. I was kinda surprised cuz I decided to have an 'end of the year' party where they can decide whether to come or not, and majority of the class showed up...that was pretty cool. I'm still trying to discern whether or not I want to come back next year, I guess I'll leave that up to God and see where He wants me. Having Donne there this year too, helped a lot. When you have someone there who knows you and your spirituality makes a difference in the dynamics of the class. On top of that Donne, has grown so much in her own faith that she's juss amazing.

BEING A SPONSOR: So not only did I have to committ to my responsibilities as being a Catacechist at sPv, I had taken the responsibility of being a sponsor for not one, but two kids at holy fam. It was such a rewarding opportunity to walk with them throughout the year and juss guide them. And that is where amazing was happening...

WORK: The great state of California is not so great anymore thanks to mr. govenor and the thousands of people who voted him in, not only once, but twice!!! Now the state is so jacked up that it's probably going to take forever to get it fixed. Now I know it was bad already before he came in but he's juss screwed it up really bad. At the end of March I got my 2nd pink slip stating that as of June 30 I will be layed off. -__- However, I have hope that I'll get rehired back next year being that right before pink slips went out, I was at this two day training on autism. Wow! talk bout intense stuff, but I think it'll help in the long run the hard part is juss applying it all. As much as I dislike the administration for the school district that I work for, it's not like I can juss get up and leave and find something else. Errone is in the same position as I am. Like I said I have hope though, the family of the kid I work with knows my family really well and they love me and on top of all that they're mostly likely going to keep the same schedule as this year.

DEBUTS & WEDDINGS: Ever since January it's been a weddings and debuts. Mark and Abby tied the knott at the end of Februrary. Nice wedding, tons of people, and good times catching up with some old friends. Debuts...well juss one actually ha. Donna finally had her debut in March inside the hall. It turned out to be really nice actually, I wish they had an open bar though that would've been the perfect touch to it all! ha Mark and Abby's had an open bar that was legit! When it comes to open bars, you gotta take advantage of that stuff cuz wha can I say there's nothing like free alcohol! The funny thing about going to these events, is watching these kids grow up. You come to realize when you're a rose at their 18th birfday party that 'dang, I'm old!' On the other side, weddings are so fun to plan. I share w/people that I think weddings are probably the most exciting part about my job. Helping them prepare for this awesome sacrament and seeing them grow as they prepare for it. Now that is a win.

BSA: So I think it was in Janaury I got this random call from this guy who is actually HF parishioner but is a president of this non-profit organization called 'Blind Start of America.' He calls me on afternoon back in January asking if I was down to participate in his organization and compete in this event called 'The World Famous Mud Run' in June. I made my committment and said yes, cuz I felt like I was kinda put on the spot. 5 months later, I look back and realize what a blessing it was to participate in such an extraordinary event. The purpose of the non-profit was to raise awareness for visual impairement. It was another organization to get myself involved in. However I look at it as another way for networking and getting to know more poeple. I feel like in life, you can never get to know enough people out there. What a blessing participating in this event has been. One cool side note, is that I got to meet ABDC season 2 winners, 'Super Cr3w' hhaha as well as Kid Rainen from the Jabawockeez.

FIRST YEAR: In September I started a new position at a new school. With errchange, its always difficult in the begining. A new school, a new staff, a new administration to get use to. As time passed though the new job became a blessing. I slowly adjsuted and was able to get use to the whole new environment. I felt like I went from the ghetto to beverly hills, from the parent involvement, the high test scores, wow it amazed at how smart these kids were. Too bad I didnt get to see the last day of school and had to freakin fracture my leg! oh why?! Though errthang happens for a reason, I guess sooner than later in the summer. It juss sucks not being able to do a whole lot, praise God though I haven't had a whole lot of pain. This to shall pass, juss hope that its real soon!

TWILIGHT SERIES: Wow ! AS of this past month I've gotten sucked into the whole twilight series. I know, I know it seems so dumb to get wrapped up in a vampire-werewolf love story saga but its so good! I love the way the author juss describes errthang bout each character. Reading about each one and how much detail there is to each story makes hard to put the book down. In fact a lot of my parents at work was sharing w/me how they couldn't put the book down themselves. They were so addicted to it and they were sharing how emotionally connected you can get to each of the characters as if you're there in the story yourself. If you're looking for a summer book to keep you busy, then I would recommend the 'Twilight' series. That whole 4 story saga is a win.

WRAP UP: Wow, that was a lot to catch up on. Who knows if anyone reads this blog anymore, despite my lack of updates I dont want to shut it down. Too much good memories and stuff that I've shared over the years. Hopefully Ill get to update something again real soon, maybe after when I get my stupid cast off and I can walk again. Oh yeah I've also watched a lot of good movies as of lately too. Taking of Pelam 123, UP, The Hangover, Terminiator Salvation, Night at the Musuem 2, and soo much more. I think I've watched almost all the major hits that have come out so far. Speaking of movies, I can't wait till New Moon comes out in November. That one will be a win for sure!

"You say goodbye, I say hello." im done, im out God bless!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home