Make it clap!

Now were clappin cuz now from the moment that i heard you say it was like my favorite track and im like ooh replay it!

Wednesday, June 9

"There is something in humility that strangely exalts the heart..."

Wow where do i even begin talking bout how this day was. It was one difficult day, but in the end as always GOd pulled me through it. Im in the process of putting together the agenda for the retreat. Errthang is pretty much coming together. Juss gotta talk to charisse bout some things. It should be put together by the end of today.

Mass was really nice today, it always nice but today's readings stuck out to me. Ever since saturday at the liwanag banquet, ive been seeing the Matthew 5:13-16 scripture verse errwhurr. THen the 1st reading from 1 Kings 17:7-16 made me realize something also. Something which i was so thankful for later on in the afternoon. SO in the first reading, Elijiah was relying on the brook which God made dried up. He turns to this ol widow and with wha very little she had for herself and her son, she gave shurred it w/Elijiah.

Elijiah is nourished and God supplies this old lady with an abuduance of food. In comparison that stream that dries up is in a sense like our prayer life. How we will go through periods or stages of 'droughts.' Sometimes we even get to the point of being burnt out, whurr we dont want to serve anymore.

THough i think in this reading, when we go through these difficult times, in our times of need, in our humility, we need to turn to our brothers and sisters. We need to turn to them, and seek thurr resources. As we know one of the gifts of being part of that mystical body of CHrist is when we are weak, another is strong.When another is weak, we are strong. Its all part of being together as ONE BODY in CHRIST.

In the Gospel Jesus was teaching bout salt and light. We are the salt of the earth, the light of the world. Elijiah turned to the widow and through her God nourished him. God can help us through others. Others can be salt and light to us. In this gospel, God is reminding us, that when our spiritual life may go flat, when we seem to have enterted a darkness, we should not be afraid to use the resources God has placed in our life.

When we cannot be salt or light to others, we need humility, as Elijiah had, to seek out those God has placed in our life to be salt and light to us.

I can certainly attest to that bout being salt and light to others. Ill explain why in juss a little bit. Today was a very tense for me, i was filled with a lot of burden and anxiety. When i worry, i worry hardcore to whurr my hurrt is beating like 90 miles an hour. I wont go into detail as to wha happened, but praise God errthang turned out okay in the end. At least im praying it did...

So on my way to wha i was expecting to be a difficult day at work i met Jesus through aela, boss lady, toni, and burr(yess burR). Who helped me sorta relax and juss helped breathe a little bit. Though later on work, today's first reading really applied to this situation at work.

One of my parents who im close with, dropped off her kids for the movie. We havent seen each other in quite a while, but i always see Jesus through her. A very devout catholic who is juss wow soo wonderful. Well today she looks at me and she could tell something was wrong. She asked whas wrong that i seemed disturbed. I explained to her the situation that i was in and asked for prayers.

She then went on to explain she was worried that i mightve quit cuz she hadnt seen me in a while. THough in that period of time whurr we didnt see each other, she told me she had felt i was going through something. THat i was 'weak,' and i thought wow thas not a coincidence cuz i was going through a period of juss 'letting go and letting God.' The parent told me that she didnt know wha was wrong but she asked St. Michael's intercession that he may protect me and keep me safe.

I was moved by wha she had to say, it was like wow. Obviously too not a coincidence the readings centered around being 'the body of Christ.' While i was weak, she was strong and was right thurr interceeding for me. She reassured me that errthang was going ot be okay and nothing is impossible w/God. I felt better afterwurrds, but it was juss touching how she felt my pain and sat and prayed for me.

Went to liwanag tonite after helping my mom w/some stuff. IT was last min. decision to go. It was thurr very last meeting of the whole yurr. I figured i needed to grab people to bring to LSS. That i did i was able to get kathee and her sister kaylene! yay! I had a great convo w/dee tonite bout ministry and serving. We both agreed how its great to see soo many communities coming together and working together. SOmething she's never seen before. All we kept saying it praise God for juss this whole yurr and how thankful we are for all the blessings that took place.

So much to look forward to, im excited! Praise God!


19 more days till LSS!!!

"My momma used to say only Jesus can save us..."im done, im out God bless!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger dee said…

    thank YOU for the great talk jason!!! i'm so glad we got to talk seeing as though we never really got to talk before -- and how AWESOME is it that our very first real convo is about GOD and His hand in our communities!!! =oD hopefully we get to talk more soon!!! i'm praying for you guys and especially for the l.s.s. take care!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home