Make it clap!

Now were clappin cuz now from the moment that i heard you say it was like my favorite track and im like ooh replay it!

Thursday, December 23

Fatty Times!

"Humility must accompany all our actions, must be with us everywhere; for as soon as we glory in our good works they are of no further value to our advancement in virtue..."

Man, did I eat like no other today. Well, actually this past week I've eaten like no other. Okay, during the new year I should try and be less lazy. I amaze myself sometimes w/how much I can eat. My coworker is like hella skinny cuz he hardly eats...wow wish I had that problem haha I think I eat juss too much. No, not the point whrur it becomes gluttony, Im not to the point whurr I eat 'juss cuz.' Today was fun, time well spent w/some great friends. Let's recap shall we?

Agh! my mom kept coming into my room this morning talking to me. Then I had to move my curr cuz of street cleaning. After that I went back to sleep and then woke up at almost 10am. Was suppose to pick some pomelos to give away but that didnt work out. Tomorrow probably I'll spend some time in the morning picking those fruits. Theyre juss all over the backyurrd! Burr called so then since he was coming over, changed and got ready for the day.

Went to have a late breakfast w/him at ihop to sturrt the morning. It was funny I was reading the cover of the menu and it said, 'my ihop.' So I was reading it outloud and he goes, 'agh its my ihop too I live close by it also.' haha THen I said agh! I was reading the menu stupid! haha Then he was like, 'oh.' Went by my house to pick up something then we were off to irvine to have lunch w/the agile 360 gang.

The place isnt very furr, actually its right nurr the 405 freeway off of michelson, right by the ihop. I like to call it the 'liwanag' ihop since they go thurr all the freakin time. It felt like that show the apprentice thurr cuz we had to go through the receptionist. 'Mr. Trump will see you now!.' hahaha that was funny, got to check out thurr offices and the place whurr they work I could tell they have lots of fun together yay! So we all went to go eat at this place called, 'wahoo.' Its like a hawaiian grill place kinda like mixed plate in maui. Maan was it packed in thurr! I like the way the place is decorated. It was my first time thurr, it was good stuff!

From irvine I rushed back to drop off the burr at his cave and then zoomed over to work. I was kinda rushing cuz I knew my boss was going out to lunch w/some of my coworkers. I ended up being late but to my suprise he didnt even say anything...whew! Then from then on it got hectic trying to get the kids organized for thurr show. Getting all the last minute materials ready and errthang like that. We didnt sturrt till bout 4pm, I was kinda dissapointed cuz I expeceted more peeps. For learning each song and dance one day at a time, they did pretty well.

I felt good knowing the purrents enjoyed it and that they had a good time. I'm glad all the practicing and all that is over now. Geez to think it was only a lyp synce dance performance, I cant imagine them putting on a full on production play. Ha I dont know if I have the patience to even plan something like that w/them! ha This was complicated enough! Praise God for supportive parent volunteers who really helped put this program on. Im blessed!

Went to go have dinner w/mark anthony later on that nite. That being my 3rd meal of the day, yeah I know imma fatty. We went to asia buffet and it was fun. Whenever him and I chill or whatver its coo. We were talking bout errthang from confirmation programs to family to ministry wow we were thurr for like 2 hours juss talking. My fortune cookie was real interesting it said, 'you will have good luck in all your personal affairs.' Hmmm...interesting!

After dinner I had this urge go to Savio. So I dropped off abe's gift in his mailbox and drove ova to savio, Sat in the blessed sacrament for a while and I juss didnt want to leave. Its always like that over thurr, well for me at least. I tried not to talk but it was juss too hurrd I need to learn how to juss be silent and listen. Afterwurrd went over to the statue of Our Lady like I normally do and I sat thurr praying my rosary. Leo called and met me up thurr, so I was able to give him his gift. Im trying to get rid of all this stuff before or by CHristmas, so my room is all clean.

I was reading this life teen email that I received the other day, and it kinda spoke to me...hurr I'll shur...

“LORD, what are mortals that you notice them; human beings, that you take thought of them?” – Psalm 144:3

SITUATION EXPLAINED

Do other people in your life seem to get more attention than you do? On the stage of life, do you sometimes feel like an “extra”? SOLUTION OFFEREDDuring the holidays as families and friends gather, it can sometimes become quite a production. This relative can’t sit near some other relative. You can’t mention “this topic” to “this person”. So much drama…sometimes it begins to feel more like a Christmas play than a holiday, more like acting than living.

At age six I took the acting world by storm, I played a tree in my kindergarten’s production of “Old McDonald had a farm”. I don’t mind telling you, I was brilliant. While I had no lines, nor did I move, I was so believable as the tree that my mother was moved to tears. (Of course, she cries at the babies in diaper commercials, but that’s a different story for another day). As I stood there, motionless, for the entirety of the play; other kids in the class got to make animal noises and crawl around on the ground. It didn’t bother me, I was a tree and everyone was gonna believe it.

Now, even though I didn’t move, make noise, interact, memorize a line or even speak, I did learn an important lesson from my acting “debut” that has stayed with me over the years. There is no such thing as an “extra”. Everybody, that is, every body on that stage has a job to do and a role to fulfill in the bigger story. We all have a role to play in life. The question is whether or not we are humble and willing enough to play it. There are no “extras” in a play, regardless of the size of the part. You give glory to God by fulfilling your role at any and every given moment.

Our culture has gone celebrity crazy. Everybody wants to see one, know one, marry one or be one…fame, not happiness, has become the goal of many within our generation. Look no further than the stardom-crazed lunatics that flood the airwaves in the name of “reality” television. Many of them are seeking our attention rather than their dignity; most need prayers not praise. Attention is a dangerous weapon, especially when it is directed at and ends with self.

Sometimes even when we’re singing or worshipping God our attention can get misplaced. Glory is sought for the voice, rather than the One who blessed us with it, for the prayer, rather than the One to Whom it is directed.

There are several characters on this stage of life. Some stand still. Some scurry around. Some don’t speak enough. Some just make noise. Others don’t know how or when to shut up. Still, nobody is perfect and nobody is more loved by God than the next. Every body has dignity. Everybody has worth. No one person’s life or vocation is more important than another’s in the mind and the heart of God. Regardless of where you are in relation to God at this moment, He still has a place for you. Jesus is calling you into the story, His story.

On the stage of life during this stage of your life, what part is He calling you to play?Brats love attention. Children just love to be included. Which are you? Are you looking for the glory that comes with a speaking part, or are you humble enough to be still for now? Are you looking to be the one standing center stage in front of the crowd, or are you willing to be the one who sweeps the stage when the theatre has emptied?

Take the time to pray, really pray about what God’s vocation is for you, today and in the coming year. If you have the courage to follow it, a couple things will happen. First, you’ll insure a life for yourself that is happier and more fulfilling than anything you could come up with on your own, He promises you that (Jer. 29:11). Second, you will see that there is no such thing as an “extra” on God’s stage, everybody has a role to play and no one’s is more important than another’s, they’re just different. Some might get more attention, but attention does not equal importance.

It’s not about who gets the lead, it’s about who lets God lead. It’s not about the star shining in the spotlight, but about the one who lets Christ’s light shine through them.




3 moe days till Jesus' birfday!

"Oh hear the angels voices..."im done,im ou God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home