Make it clap!

Now were clappin cuz now from the moment that i heard you say it was like my favorite track and im like ooh replay it!

Saturday, October 25

With A Servant's Heart

"To convert somebody go and take them by the hand and guide them..."

GODS PLAN: The other day for some random reason I was reflecting on the past. Its funny how you want one thing for your life and in the end God gives it to you, but in a whole different way. Your life became different then what you had originally planned for. The best part of it all is how God you to something bigger and better. I was fortunate enough to make some really good friends after high school was over. We would hang out pretty much every weekend. The plan was always either go to the Block and watch movie/eat at TGIFRidays or Downtown Disney and eat at ESPN Zone. There were even some Saturday nights I came out so late that waking up for 8am for 915am mass was like an 'oh why?!' moment. All this was cool but then the group kinda drifted. The weekends weren't the same anymore cause some people ended up finding bf/gfs so group time became couple time. At that point the weekends became boring for me. Half of the time there was to look forward to anymore. Its even cause I remember one of my friends telling me he was hanging out w/this 'church friends.' In my head I thought, 'I want church friends or another set of friends too!'

BUILDING COMMUNITY: Last Tuesday at the LoG meeting as we were singing/dancing to action songs, 'Who Builds the Faith,' 'Lualey,' and 'Community,' I had total brief flashback of my life from back in 2002-2003. I also had this huge smile on my face ha. It had been forever since I've sang and danced to action songs. Whenever it was my turn to lead prayer meeting, I always loved choosing those 'hokey pokey' type songs as they were called back in the day. Like I said it lead me to a flashback of my life pre SH days. *cue flashback here*

21XL: I dont remember how, but I found out about a group called, '21XL.' They were an event planning company that were popular for putting out college type of events. Everyone wants that feeling of 'belonging' or being affiliated with a group. I figured getting involved with this company would be a great way to making new friends. Anytime you show up new to something for the first time it's always awkward. I went to a meeting and it was on a Monday night in Cerritos near Gahr High. Sitting there was so uncomfortable for me. Looking at it now I totally didnt even fit in with that group. The guy who was leading the meeting was upset cause one event wasnt promoted well enough. At the end of the meeting I was invited to help promote for some event that weekend I think near LAX. Someone was suppose to call me(I think) and so I ended up not going. I even remember contemplating back and forth whether I should juss drive there or not. Yeah, that totally wasn't where I was called to be.

SERVANTSHEART: In the end up I stopped going to the 21xl Meetings. One Sunday I was online checking out the SH website. I signed the guestbook and the next thing I know the "instant message" box pops up. 'You've received an Instant Message from HvnSntRockr. Would you like to accept?' Back in those days, it always kinda exciting getting an 'IM' from someone that wasn't on your buddy list. 'Hmmm,' I thought. 'I wonder who this is?' I accepted the IM and the person said, 'Hey Jason! Its Mike from Servant's Heart. Thanks for signing the Guest Book!' Wow. As I sat in front of the computer looking at the IM, 'that's kinda cool. I dont even know this guy and he IMs me.' Next thing I know I was being invited to join their skit for this youth rally. Again, joining something new is always a little nerve wrecking in the beginning. However, Im glad I stuck around with this group. Who would've thought that the simple Instant Message would become the start of the foundation of my faith. For a while I was trying hard to find that in a sense 'missing puzzle piece.' When I was trying to do fit in with that other group it was like forcing the puzzle piece that wasn't going to fit. I know it doesn't fit already but Im going to try and force it in. Yeah, that didn't work out at all.

GODS PLAN: Life is all about God's perfect timing and I've learned that time after time again. God knows the recesses of our hearts. He knows what we want and sometimes waiting for it sucks, but He always comes through in the end. Its like when you're a kid on your birthday or Christmas and you get that one gift that you've been asking for. That expression on your face when you first open it and that excitement you feel. This is the probably the same feeling I had felt once I became apart of SH. That Hillsong's song ocean where the chorus says, 'Spirit lead me to trust without borders. Let me walk upon the waters wherever you may lead me.' I also ended up having 'church friends' too which was something I had wanted haha I've learned to how to love my faith and my God so much more. I share this because I know this month is also SH's Anniversary, I dont remember what number it is but the memories God created in that 'Upper Room' will always hold a special place in my heart.


"I am yours and you are mine..."Im done, im out God bless

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home