Make it clap!

Now were clappin cuz now from the moment that i heard you say it was like my favorite track and im like ooh replay it!

Wednesday, July 15

The Circle of Life

"A tree is known by its fruits; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love."-Saint Basil

BEEN A WHILE: It's been a long time since I've last blogged and for some reason some of the pictures I've posted dont show up anymore. Everytime I want to blog I always get lazy and just end up forgetting about it. The past couple of days I had meaning to blog, but just got too tired to do it. Tonight I decided I needed to sit down and attempt to get it done. Whenever Im asked, 'What have you been up to?' I find it hard to answer. I haven't gone on any trips. Im in good health, I have a job, my family is in good health. Im left to say, 'nothing really.' Im going to attempt to recap on 3 months worth of life, but just to share a couple of reflections.

GETTING OLDER: As you get older, its even crazier to see the people around you get older. For example, I had caught up with a former student the other day. Just recently he had turned 21. What the heck. I cant believe that much time has passed already. When I first started working at Cypress, he was only a senior. Now he's going into his 4th year of college? Of course naturally I do feel old, but its also a great feeling to see how they've grown up. How their personalities have changed and its more about others and less about themselves. I still believe that this generation is all about entitlement, but I do see that changing. For many of them they've learned to 'pay it forward.' Its always a good feeling when they pick up the tab for lunch or pull out their wallet and say, 'I got this.' Yes, getting older sucks, but as I said its enjoyable to see ones that were once 'little' grow up.

REUNIONSANDFULLCIRCLES: Last year I felt it was definitely going to be what Id like to call, 'The Reunion Year' or 'The Reunion Season.' Its kinda that happy moment you get when you watch your favorite show and they reunite for a special broadcast. That's how I've felt like these past couple of months. Back in April I had received one of those 'random messages' on Facebook. Naturally I was kinda shocked being that I hadn't heard or seen this person in a long time. We caught up a little bit through text then caught up some more in person a week later. The funny part is that I had just reconnected through an event I had put together through another mutual blast from the past. Flash forward 3 months now, Im coordinating the wedding mass for another 'blast from the past.' Its time to reconnect with those who were important part of your life at one point. To help refresh my spiritual journey and who knows what else. Ive always been taught God is a God of order, so I know there's a special reason for everything.

INSPIRED: For the past couple of years I've taken a step back from serving in the youth ministry. There was a calling to serve in other capacities in the church. God puts you in places where He feels He needs you most. This past Sunday, the new core leaders had just came back from their weekend Core Retreat. You know that part in the story of 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' where it goes, 'Well, in Whoville they say - that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.' This was the first thing I had thought of when they came back. Not that I was feeling like a 'Grinch' earlier that day, but because the seeds that I planted a long time have grown into beautiful trees. You see back when I was involved with ministry, I was the 'Service Advisor.' Ive always believed that in order for the seed to grow you have to continually water it and take care of it. 3 of the seeds that I planted obviously through God's grace, have grown into trees with fruit. Sunday, I was real inspired to see 3 of them come back to the ministry and become advisors to these youth. God is great. The other great thing is I got to meet the new kid who is stepping into the service core leader position. In my excitement I shared with him his long list of those who came before him. Fr. Raymond is so on point when he says, 'The work of one Pastor is built upon the shoulders of the Pastors who came before him.' Please pray that these leaders will continue to be inspired by the Holy Spirit to lead and direct others to Him. 

"How great, how awesome is He..."im done, im out God bless. 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home