Make it clap!

Now were clappin cuz now from the moment that i heard you say it was like my favorite track and im like ooh replay it!

Friday, March 19

"It is never a 'waste' running to God it's a waste of time not to...."

So i was talking ot my ol friend xavier this morning online. We were reminisciing on the ol times we had shurred w/some of our other friends. How none of us hang out as a group anymore and we should put something together etc. Anyway, i had randomly brought up bout those couples time he had gone w/me to the events co meetings. Before i got involved in SH, i was trying to find something to do w/my time. I wanted to serve and have fun cuz i was hardly doing anything on the weekends. My other friends were always hanging out w/their other friends they had made. Or they were too busy w/their boyfriends/girlfriends etc. So i randomly decided to try and get involved w/the 21 xl company. After all it seemed pretty fun.

THe meetings were held on monday nites and it was sooooooooooooo filipino time. I think they started @ 8pm and the meeting wouldnt actually 'start' till 10pm. So i was going religously for bout a month to the meetings. THe meetings are pretty hardcore, like errthang in life there's a director/boss etc. I remember he was cussing up a storm and yelling in regards to the promoting of some event. When they go and promote they go all out, its crazy. Then when ii first started to hang out w/SH and then going to the 21 xl meetings, i thought whoa two total opposite groups. Finally, i had to choose to one or the other cuz i couldnt hang w/bof. Bof took up an extradorinary amount of time. Praise God i made the right choice and chose SH.

The point of that story was, i was looking to serve in the wrong place. My intentions of joining 21 xl was thinking, 'this will be fun, get to go to clubs, meet new people, who knows maybe even find a gf.' haha Now that i look backtwo years later, i realized what a waste of time. I look my life now, and i found a passion to serve but this time in the right place. There are no fruits or beneftis with trying to serve in 21xl. Yes, the benefit of getting into their events for free. get into the clubs for free. Though wha good will that do? What fruits will that produce?

Im so glad that i made the choice to serve God rather then sin. The benefits ive received from serving God are the blessings He has given me. Gosh, i would've never thought of myself getting so active in church. The benefits ive received are the really GREAT people ive met. My own community, Servant's Heart & Upper Room. All those other people ive met over the yurrs, like charisse, anthony, gail, leo, mark anthony, toni, cyril, mikee, and the list goes on forever! The friendships ive made w/the different groups and people ive met are the rewards He's given me. And i wont stop...cuz i cant stop...

I made this really good chicken scampi at work today. The garlic i was peeling was getting inside my fingernail and burning. Garlic takes forever to peel, so time consuming. The having to cut it and chop it up into mini pieces. The cream of chicken as the sauce tasted really good. I think next time if i make it, ill use more lemon juice in it. To make it taste a little more tangy and less water. Though errone seemed to like it, ha unless they were juss frontin. I had like 3 different plates of it, though it tastes a lot better when its warmed up. Its crazy to see the ol faces working at albertsons again. I wonder wha happened to those scabs. im sure they got paid off real well.

I had lunch w/francis today, he took me out to rubios. We had a very interesting convo today bout faith. We were talking bout the passion and stuff. He told me learned that during the crucifxion when Jesus cried out, 'My God, my God why ahve you forsaken me." At that moment in time Jesus has taken on the burdens and sins of the world. That moment for once he is apart from God. So then we went on talking and he told me that he learned mormons aren't saved cuz they use the book of mormon. And how in bible it states do not worship false idols. Then he goes, 'do you know wha two things it takes to get to be saved?' So i said yeah, faith and good works. He said, no acceptance and repentance. His pastor taight him that you must acceot Christ first then repeant from your sins. So then i went on to tell him bout faith and good works, obviously he didnt say anythign and was silent. Good convo though, and good lunch too!

I came to SRE briefly to get my class started. It was nice that my neighbors jeanne and mike took my class in. Achie couldnt take over the class cuz she was visiting her friend who juss had a baby. Well i had already made plans to go to the end the qtr. UCI catholc community potluck. So i gave my kids to mike and jeanne for the nite. Bof of our classes are small anyway. Jeanne told me they were doing a whole lesson on the saints tonite. ONe of my confirmation kids has been coming to help me on thurs. the past couple weeks. Anyway, since i was leaving i took him to his friends house. One of my other students who lives right behind sPv. I dindt want the kid walking cuz it was already dark.

So i drop him off and he wants me to go in and see justin(my other confirmation kid). It was so funny cuz my student;s mom invited me into their house. We were talking for a little while. She told me how she was loosing her job cuz the comp got bought out so now its moving to kentucky. Though shes getting severence pay for i think only 11 weeks she said. She's been thurr for 9-10 years she told me. I was like wow! So shes gonna see if thurrs something @ the city of BP she can do. I got bof of my students to go to youf rally, so thas 2 more kids. I love my confirmation kids!! i really do! The mom was asking me how i like teaching, i said i really enjoy it. I learn so much from them. Then when i hurr things like 'i prayed the rosary on sunday.' It makes we want to serve God even more. I love it!

The catholic community potluck was real cool. I ame in as some of them were watching ROTK on bootleg. The only wrong w/the movie was the elvish subtitles were in russian. Thurr was so much food! Ha highlight of the nite was when mike and leo were coming out of the cloest! haha towel fight w/mark anthony, balance beam w/o loosing your balance, ballet drill sgt w/abby. Yelling out 'FIRST POSITION!' The superfiriends love group's parfat, it wsa really good, not too swe3t either. OH! haha mark anthoyn and mike were spitting mints from their moufs. MArk anthony would spit it out and then mike had to catch it in his mouf and then spit it back into makr anthony mouf. haha oh am it was so hilarious. Im telling you, i have the best times at UCI, really i do!

Okay tomorrow since ill be in adoration in the evening, im going ot use that time to read my kids journals and passion mediations. PLanning on going to conffession @ sPc in the afternoon, followed by mass. Get some fish fillet to eat from mcdonalds and then i dont know wha to do in between that time and stations of the cross. I would think after watching the passion catholics would have a storng conviction to go to Stations of the Cross at their parish. I love going to the Stations of the cross errlenten season. Humbles me and reminds me of 'loving until it hurts.'

I found this prayer and i thought it was really cool, so i thought id shurr it w/yall. ITs a prayer to know God's vocation for you.

O Great Saint Joseph, you were completely obedient to the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Obtain for me the grace to know the state of life that God in his providence has chosen for me. Since my happiness on earth, and perhaps even my final happiness in heaven, depends on this choice, let me not be deceived in making it.

Obtain for me the light to know God's Will, to carry it out faithfully, and to choose the vocation which will lead me to a happy eternity.

Amen.


St. Joseph pray for us! Have a great weekend errone!


"I dedicate this Jam Master Jay/Run-D.M.C. showed me how to walk, this way..."im done, im out God bless!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home