Make it clap!

Now were clappin cuz now from the moment that i heard you say it was like my favorite track and im like ooh replay it!

Friday, February 18

Yo Ho, Yo Ho A Catholic Life For Me

"It seems to me that humility is truth. I do not know whether I am humble, but I do know that I see truth in all things..."

The other day at work my coworker brought some jump rope. It was funny cuz the kids sturrted to really get into it. It was fun though, jump rope gives you a workout! I learned one of those new I dont know wha you call it, those song games. Then we tried to do double dutch, but thas too hurrd for me. I think I'll juss stick to one rope, even turing the rope double dutch style is hurrd.

I took my music quiz the other day, it wasnt too hurrd, but I know thurr was some stuff I forgot. I hate when you ahve a broad range of things to study for, you dont know whurr to focus your studying at. THen you have your mind floating around in so many different places that when it comes to finally taking the test, agh you end up being overwhelmed w/too much stuff. Oh why?! Anyway, its okay it's only the first one, so if I dont do too well, I'm not going to beat myself over it.

So at work I was informed of how much the city is going to have to back pay me for messing up on my raise. I got a .55 cent raise woO! haha thas a good thing, but I still gotta find a new job though. I also learned that the city will pay be whatever floating holidays and vacation time I have left, but keeps all my sick pay. Oh why?! thas whurr I have the most hours too! Agh I should sturrt calling in sick more often haha I juss hate calling in sick cuz I get all nervous. On top of all that they see me on a regular basis so they can tell when I'm coming down w/something or when Im not. ha Anyway, well see wha happens...though I juss gotta leave soooooon. Like reaaaaaaal soon...

WE had to switch job duties on wed. my coworker, had this emergency dental appointment. I took over my cooking class, and we made this cornflake casserole. It was cool doing the whole cooking class again, though it was a different being back thurr. After I was done I had all this time to kill, so I was trying to pretend to keep busy. I kinda messed up though, I didnt boil the potatoes long enough, I hate boiling stuff cuz it takes too long.

I stopped by the church to give to sandy abe's youf day registration forms. ANyway, so she goes to me, 'are you kinda bummed for not going this yurr?' In my head I was like 'wha?! not going this yurr? I thought you already got my ticket for me?' So then I said, 'yeah kinda' ha then I asked if thurr was a anymore tickets left. She told me she was going to talk to wendy and see if thurr whurr. So driving back I was debating whether I should still go. I had already made arrangements w/work and skool to have the day off. The thought of having another day off was nice. Then I sturrted think also, that its been tradition erryurr that I go. I dont want to ruin tradition this yurr. Anyway, so after work I dropped by sPv to see if wendy had any tickets. WoO! she had extra tickets, which was tight cuz that meant I got to go!

Went to bucca for lyn lyn's birfday dinner, Ive never eaten thurr but it was good. Agh alaine called me and asked me to pick her up! So I drove over thurr to pick her up then drove down to gurrden grove. All the driving was making me sleeeeeeeeepy! The calamari was really good, it wasnt all greasy or gross or anything. On top of all that, it was fun times w/the community. Testing alaine w/her knowledge of 80's, early 90's trivia. Laughing, laughing, and more laughing. Its hurrd ot believe that when I first met these group of people, I felt so awkward ha cuz it was a whole new group of peeps. Not that it was bad, juss cuz I never had church friends before ha. So it was something new.

So thursday, I went to the annual youf day at congress. Yes, I went to washignton d.c. for the day to check out how our govt. works. Ha not really, more less went to the anaheim convention center to see how God works and moves through people. For those who dont know wha congress is, its this huge convention that the archdiocese of la puts together on religous ed. stuff. Erryurr they have this youf day whurr they gather all the youf together from LA to chicago ha Its jam packed! THey mass, praise & worships, workshops etc. I always run into people that I know thurr too.

This yurr it was alright, I kinda felt something was missing. Some kinda extra umph was missing. The first talk on sex by pam something was alright. I kinda fell asleep during purrt of the talks cuz it was too long. On top of that she ended up repeating herself over and over again. I guess she travels all over giving talks on sex to youf. I was expecting a lot more from her talk, thas why I was dissapointed. She put too much emphasis I think on the whole phsyical aspect and consquences, but not enough on the spiritual purrt. So thurr wasnt really a balance that I was looking for.

Then we had a mass, which is always nice. The cardinal came down to celebrate mass along w/some other bishops and priests. Its inspiring when you see all these priests and bishop walk down to the altar together. Fr. Paul brought up a good point, its sad that the bishop of orange doesnt even make an apperance at this conference. Being that they hold it in his diocese, which is true. Itd be coo to see them bof co-celebrate the mass together. Whas sad is to see the lack of reverence though the kids have when it comes to mass. I was watching some of the kids around me and it juss irritating how they have no reverence. I guess thas why we gotta pray for them.

I bought the spirit song 3-disc cd yesterday only $20 for 3 discs! On top of that I got this free book on the chords for the songs. It was good deal that I couldnt pass up. The 2nd talk by matt maher and bible geek was tight. He talked bout being open to the spirit and letting him use you. He's a great speaker cuz he knows exactly how to make entertaining yet serious. I love his analogies and juss the way he breaks it down. Its tight cuz he juss got murried in rome like last month or something and he got to see the Pope! I wonder how he was able to do that.

Its always inspriing for me to go these huge conferences, rallys etc. It makes me really proud to be catholic. At the closing rally, jacob and matt performed, thurr performance was d0pe! They sang that song all these songs that I knew, which was tight. From tradding my sorrows to mourning into dancing. I havent heard that song in ages, which reminds me I need to see who still has that sfc cd w/all those songs on thurr. AGh mine got jacked w/rest of my cds in my curr =( Might sound funny, ha but I remember last yurr when jacob and matt sang that song 'let the river flow.' So I was praying and I told God thatd be tight, if they sang that song today. Sure enough towards the end they sang it! haha I looked up and was laughing, and im sure God was too. Ü

Had two unexpected phone calls on the way home. Julie called me and so we were talking for a little while. THen Leo called me also, I havent talked/seen him in a while! Attempted to try and sleep when I got home, but I couldnt agh! Went to SRE its weird from going from 30 kids on tues. to having only like 12 on thurs. But my thurs. kids are soo great, well behaved and so eager to learn. I always meet Jesus through them, thurr so amazing. AGh yuou should juss spend a tues. or thurs. nite in my room and you'll see. We did this whole mock confession and they got it down and memorized the steps to reconcliation

Afterwurrds went to the morality retreat meeting. It's going to be interesting to see wha happens. THough I am excited to see the turn out that we get. I'm also excited cuz I have a long weekend! Woo! Nothing exactly planned, which is nice. I still need to use up those tickets to universal studios before next week. OH why?! AGh whos down to go to universal studios! haha I got a family 4 pack n my hands ready to go... Finally got to see napaloen dynaminte, probably the last person in the world who hasnt seen it! haha That guy reminds me of my aunts bf...ha I dont know why. I think its the way he talks. Fun stuff though! haa


Reflection.

HOW TO FAST

Fast from judging others;
Feast on Christ dwelling in them.

Fast from apparent darkness;
Feast on the reality of light.

Fast from pessimism;
Feast on optimism.

Fast from thoughts of illness;
Feast on the healing power of God.

Fast from words that pollute;
Feast on phrases that purify.

Fast from anger;
Feast on patience.

Fast from worry;
Feast on Divine Providence.

Fast from unrelenting pressure;
Feast on unceasing prayer.

Fast from negatives;
Feast on positives.

Fast from complaining;
Feast on appreciation.

Fast from hostility;
Feast on non-resistance.

Fast from bitterness;
Feast on forgiveness.

Fast from anxiety;
Feast on hope.

Fast from yourself;
Feast on a silent heart

Lenten Action.
Be generous with your compliments today, especially to those who appear to be "down".


Prayer
I enter on this path of repentance so that in dying to self I might rise to new life.

Some things I juss cant let go...

"Holy Spirit come, move in power..."im done, im out God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home