Make it clap!

Now were clappin cuz now from the moment that i heard you say it was like my favorite track and im like ooh replay it!

Saturday, June 3

A Month of Madness

"When you feel invited to remain in silence at our Lord's feet like Magdalene, just looking at him with your heart, without saying anything, dont cast about for any thoughts or reasonings, but just remain in loving adoration..."

NEVER ENDS: The celebrations never seem to stop, juss when you think there's a little bit of break there isnt. ha Not that its all that bad, but sometimes it becomes never ending. I wish there was those times where you could juss easily take a vacation. Obviously that wont be happening exactly anytime soon ha. June is packed and I can forsee July being the same exact way. I was checking out my calendar for this month and oh man there are times at the end of my day I sit wonder where did my day go? Anyway, I guess I'd rather be busy then doing nothing at all. I clearly remember those days alright.

LOOKING BACK: I was browing through my blog archives from last June and wow a lot has changed in one year. One year ago I was starting my new assignment for the summer at stanton, trying to build up a summer program at old daycare center. HOW or now the Holy Family Young Adult Ministry was juss starting off. Now look the ministry is growing, unexpected new leaders stepped up, I'm serving with the youf ministry and made some wonderful friends there. I must say though that first evening of songs and prayers was unforgettable! One memorable experience that I dont think any of us will forget. The Augustians at sPv were packing their things and getting to depart like illegal immigrants ha to their new homes. One year ago...maaan time quickly changes things. Memories pass by in a camera flash. Thas why I loooove taking pictures, juss saving those memories.

GOOD TIMES: Last nite was a pre celebration party for rob. In attendance was mike, fred, yaz, jei, and reirich. I wasn't planning on drinking and well it didnt exactly end up that way. 3 irish car bombs later made out for one heck of a good times! It was cool seeing reirich there, I havent seen him nor talked to him a while. I kinda missed the guy ha Anyway, then we partied in the parking lot till the clock struck 12 to officially wish rob a warm happy birfday! Turns out rob wasn't the only one celebrating a birfday there too that nite. Another guy sitting behind us was celebrating his birfday also. In fact he got the whole birfday speel w/ice cream and song. Our server told us his birfday was on saturday and he was turning 21, man who doesn't better who hasn't already heard the tale of my 21st birfday. That was one nite to remember alright...

MAKING A DIFFERENCE: ITs weird how God places you in certains areas taht are unexpected. Working at danbrook, this past year has opened my mind ot a lot of different things. Its almost like working in stanton all over again, with the tons of low income families, the gangsta kids, and errthang else. The skool is the lowest and poorest skool in the district, hence why they have so many behavior problem kids. I was talking w/the principal today and I shared w/her how I want to help do something w/these kids. In some way help them but I dont know how. Apparently the PTA has no $$. and the city well who knows wha they're doing. All these kids need is some type of intervention something to keep them busy. Their parents are well either a) have too many kids to keep track of b) work like no other juss to survive c) juss dont care at all. The skurry part is its partly not their fault for the way they are, it's society and as society gets worse so are these problematic children. So whas the solution? Thas the hard thing to figure out.
CATCHING UP: Christy and I had a nice conversation online the other nite. It was one of those unexpected random IMS but never the less it was fun. Caught up on whas going on in our lives, and ministry life. I remember when she use to come around all the time, ha well same way when I use to be active in their community. Those were the days alright, LF on saturday evenings followed by fun at wingstop or taps right after prayer meeting. ANyway, those kinda help brighten up your day, the unexpected stuff.

THE DEBUT: Jackie's Debut was pretty fun, I've only really been to one debut. I thought being that I was working till 730pm I was ogoing to miss most of it, but I came there right on time! On top of that I got perfect parking as well! A lot of lag time inbetween each thing, I hate lag time cuz I want things to go back to back to back, but its aiight. THe dj sucked he played a lot of ol skool r & b stuff, like ruff endz and wha not. Then took it back to kool and the gang w/celebrate good times. Oh and he didnt have promiiscus girl wha the heck? How can you not have a lot of the new modern day stuff. ANyway, I never knew they did moderns at debuts. It was funny cuz it looked like they were starting off as a skit and I told toni, yeah I bet its going to start off as a skit, and sure enough I was right. Ha all in all I had good time, I wanted to sweat and I did juss that. Mallory and I had fun pretending to salsa haha and I looked like almost exactly the way I wanted minus the gold chain and shinny shoes.





Summer is coming!

"Wu tang if this is where the hip hop is..."im done, im out GOd bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home