Make it clap!

Now were clappin cuz now from the moment that i heard you say it was like my favorite track and im like ooh replay it!

Saturday, December 31

2005 Year In Review

"Be careful to give no credit to yourself for anything; if you do, you are stealing from God, to whom alone every good thing is due..."

ALWAYS PROVIDES: The first week of work, has been great. Some suprises and unexpected things but other than that praise God. First off, I cant praise God enough for helping w/my grandpa's surgery. Let me tell you, it was such a scary experience, these past few days. Its kinda like walking on eggshells, cuz errthang seems so tense and you're juss full of anxiety cuz you dont know what's going to happen. Though through errthang, you juss gotta surrender it to God, keep the faith, and trust in Him. I juss ask for continuous prayers for healing and comfort, the hard part is now over. Thank you Lord for providing!

WEEK IN REVIEW: It's been a busy week, going from here to there, to there to here. Im glad I was able to have this time off. Great way to enjoy spending time w/friends. At the same time, new relationships building, and others getting stronger.

MONDAY: Went w/elizabeth, jamie, joanne, and mel to san pedro. Went to make a deposit for the dance and check out the location. Finalized the m7 effect performance. Back to the rectory to start planning for the 2006 year w/the youf group. It was very productive meeting in fact. Talked bout where are spiritually, and then juss reflecting on the upcoming readings for the year to help plan themes. Later that nite I met up w/the guys at bjs, well not all the guys the usual jeif, fred, jei's friend, and abby. Ended up spending half of the time on the phone w/joanne. Something else was suppose to go down too, but I dont think it ever followed through.

TUESDAY: Tuesday mornining was spent w/allen. Well actually more less the early part of the afternoon. Went to the catholic book store, went to lunch at fridays, some where else, and then back to his house. I like that guy, he's fun to chill with. Then went to joanne's house and then spent the rest of the afternoon w/her. Went to the catholic book store, spent a while there, joanne bought a bible and the miracles of the rosary book. Chilled at the rectory until the core meeting. Core meeting, well I guess was interesting. Was planning on going to the jamba on s & g, but ended up talking in the parking lot forever. That always ends up being the case after meetings, is chillin in the parking lot talkiing bout errthang. Good day, long but it was pretty good, family comes in from the midwest late that nite. Worked on my myspace till 3am, since leslie gave me the code to change my friends list. Woo! Whew, good thing I didnt have to drive to LAX.

WEDNESDAY: Breakfast w/toni in the morning at denny's. Geez, that was one dramatic morning alright. However, despite the negativity that was taking place, it didnt ruin a great morning w/toni. She caught me up on her trip from rome, sharing w/me the stories of her trip.. . She was lucky enough to see the tomb of JPII...wow!! Italy has so much to see there, I can juss imagine how beautiful that place is. I'd love to travel and visit the different places, especially italy However, I juss dont have the patience to sit in a plane for 12-13 hours. Came home and ended up taking an early nap. The famz went to HB later on in the afternoon, I stayed back instead. Got ready, then picked nicole up and went to the cerritos mall. Finally made the exchanges, I had been wanting to do since after christmas. Went back to the rectory for the dance committee meeting. Man, I tell you I'm at the rectory almost 5 days a week! Had dinner w/nicole at pinoy pinay...it felt like a corny romantic movie w/the kost 103.5 love songs playing in the background ha. Picked up the dance tickets at the rectory and was off to mai tais. Mai tai's was d0pe, even though were early, gave us a chance to talk more. It was juss coo, getting to each other better.

THURSDAY: Stayed home pretty much all day. One of those lazy type of days, where you dont feel like doing much. The fam bam went to universal studios that day and spent the whole time up there. Went to sears for my eye exam and to get new glasses. It's going to be great to be able to see again! wooo! I can't wait for my new glasses to come in. I had really thought bout getting contacts but seems like too much of a hassle. The eye doctors took forever though, I was sitting there falling asleep waiting for my sister's appointment to finish. Come home to find out some scary news that my grandpa fell and was being rushed to the ER. Went to the hospital that nite and found out that he had broken his hip bone. Thanks mel for the talk last nite, and juss comforting me.

FRIDAY: Cooked a 'breakfast cassarole' for banne's belated birfday gift. Ran into some complications that morning but errthang in the end worked out. For being the first time making that dish, it turned out not too bad. I think next time, I wont as much meat on the bottom though. Nice time catching up bout whas new and going on in our lives. I'm going to miss our adventures we'd take together. Rushed over to 12pm mass at sPc, ran into one of the youf from holy fam there. Ray Vailente was there also, sititng behind me, didnt know it was him until I turned to do 'peace be with you.' Came home and then rushed over to fullerton to pay for my traffic ticket. I thought I had until the literally end of the month, but it was to the 29th. Praise God the lady was nice, and that there was no line there at all! Went to lincoln video and ran into gleanne there, I dont even remember the last time I saw her. Had a catch up session w/toni, along w/carlo, antonintette, and mel at bjs. Ran into roland passion over there, got hooked up w/great seats. Grandpa's surgery was sucessfull, praise God!

Transition now to the 2005 year in review...

JANUARY: A new year, was defiently a year of new adventures in so many different ways. New things were about to happen that year that I would've never expected. The strengthening of friendships, making new ones, healing, and forgiveness. Talk bout extreme home make over, my ceiling in my closet started to leak and messed up a lot of my clothes. Man that was a huge mess! Almost a year later I still dont ahve closet doors. Lola turned 80, praise God that God still continues to keep her healthy and strong. Took my first trip to new york w/my cousin, sarah. We were fortuante enough to stay for the weekend w/denise. One of the best trips, I had ever taken! I can't wait to go back! Lost my camera w/all my cool pics on the train there, oh why?!? Watched that movie, 'coach carter' which became another one of my fav movies to add to my collection. Prayed the rosary w/SH at the abortion clinic, that was humbling. Received a phat tax return in the mail. Plans for the 'Calling' retreat was in the works. The annual Holy Spirit Saturday for youf alpha, gave a talk on 'Wha does the Holy Spirit do' sharing my testimony for the first time.



FEBRUARY: The month of love...aww. New adventures continued as I started to work at a new center for stanton. We opened up a temporary community center at fern street in this run down, low income neighborhood. THat was my new project for the new year to run programs out of this center and keep going strong. My confirmation class was relfection on St. Therese, reading and learning about her. We did a 9 dya novena as a class together. Watched alaine's pcn in fullerton, which was pretty good. It brought back memories of watchign troy hs' very first pcn. Started the search for a new job...but had no success witht that. Lent starting early this year, stations of the cross fridays. SH music min. learning the song, 'the voice of one calling in the desert.' Learning bout St. Cecilia and her intercession through music. Crazy Horse in irvine for lyn lyn's birfday was real fun...I'm talking bout the club in irvine, not the strip club. Had the annual 'philly cheesesteak valetine's luncheon' w/rob on valentine's day. Finally watched the famous napoleon dynamite movie, freakin hilarious! Youf day at congress comes and goes again. Highlights of the month was my mom's 50th birfday party and then first ever morality retreat called, 'The Calling.'

MARCH: Learned that making out was a mortal sin that always heats up a big debate. I discoverd a new lump near my scar from my previous survery. Ended up taking a month off of work to get that taken care of. In the meantime, while I'm gone work gets crazy and the kids run a rampage to the point where they closed the center down. A new networking site was discoverd called, 'catholic connect.' Similar to myspace, friendster, and all taht stuff but made for catholics. Watched western's annual international week performance...wow brought back tons of memories! The planning for spirit games '05 launched with jon, gene, and courtney being selected as the new leaders. Reconnected w/an ol hs friend that was cool. Watched the annual passion of the Christ play at St. Lucy's. Im anal bout keeping up w/traditions. A new baby was brought into the parel family, my cousin has a brand new baby...kai avery. Particiapated in the washing of the feet, holy thurs. liturgy for the first time. ONe memorable holy sat. helping out tito raoul and tita stella move at 530am in the morning. Oh maan! Easter came and went in a flash. Liwanag's annual spirit rally was real lenten like, helped appreciate the lenten season more.

APRIL: My grandparents celebrated their 60th anniversary that month. That was a really cool day full of different festivities. From dancing, to singing, to filipino dancing, good times! The church went into mourning, as our beloved Pope JPII had past away. Wow I was speechless, I was juss in awe. Then followed the news errday to see wha was going to happen w/the selection of the new pope. SpV had their first parish mission w/these redemp soomething priests from out of state, the talks were really good. I had only gone to a couple though, I wished I had gone all week. SOL's annual youf rally, was fun. Took a lot of my kids this year and they enjoyed it. REceived a couple of responses from garden grove skool district for testing. YFC's annual praisefest was a hit. Bishop Luong coming out to sPv and taking pics w/him. Sunny Hill's pcn was alright, juss a little disorganized. New Pope is selected, Cardinal Ratz becoming Pope Benedict XVI, the 265th Pope in the Church and the first german pope in years. New people were added at stanton at my job, more girls.

MAY: Freakin' pcn tour was almost to a close, watching CSUF's and UCI's pcn. UCI's was really phat, juss cuz it was all high tech in errthang. CSUF's was aiight, like a loner I went on my own ha juss cuz I had to make it even...two hs pcns and two college ones. My thurs nite. kids make their first communion, they were so happy. Confirmation came, which was a happy but yet at the same time a sad one. Juss knowing that I may not see some of these kids again after confirmation was over. Graduations galore, w/burr & boss lady getting their masters, and peebs getting her bs. Vegas celebration was totally fun! Started to change the look on my blogs, trying out a new format. God closes a couple of doors on me, which was kinda hard but it was for the better I guess. Star Wars episode III comes out with a lot of religous lessons you can take from the movie. Surgery was the next thing on my plate as they took out the tumor that grew back inside my ankle. Kuya ariel and georgia get married at hte cathedral and I ran into someone during communion on my wheel chair. Yikes! Wednesday in home prayer meetings, meeting fr. moses and gettting to know him. End of hte year SRE dinner, was a classic moment knowing that the next year wasn;t going to be the same anymore. Jennif and dave get married, a really cool wedding, jammin to all the ol skool freestyle songs. Wow may was jam packed!

JUNE: The summer heat begins, as well as a month long of different celebrations. Rob & Em's birfday/graduation party. Attempting to go traffic skool...what a bust! Made a goal to try and work out by running on the track at cypress errday. That went well for a little bit...then errone got back on the 24 hr. fitness track and I was left behind like the movie ha! The search for jobs within the diocese of orange and the archdiocese of LA begins. Getting interviews here and there, driving from place to place. Conference room 2b in the mornings were hilarious. A friend from the ol skool crew returns home after 3 years on his mission. House sitting for my boss became a new thing, attempting to throw small kick backs. The birth of Heart of Worship at holy family was probably the hightlight of the month. We were singing for mass, getting accquainted w/the new parish and a new beginning. The debut for how during the evening of songs and prayers was a major hit. Running into my cousins blessing altogether. The return of fern street, reopening the center for business after a month long of being shut down. Summer has juss begun.

JULY: The fiscal new year begins, I get a raise at work! woOo! The augustian sPv with the new diocesian priests taking over. SPirit Games 2005, made its official announcement of Spirit Games being in stanton park in stanton this year. Finally watched the notebook, probably the last one in the world who hadn't seen it. My pare, abe turns 17 with a big hawaiian birfday celebration at his house. He got a new scion xb for his birfday, aka the big yellow bus. 4th of July spent w/moya-soratorios at la mirada regional park. The other half in fullerton w/the fam beezy. Fireworks gallore! The day of my birfday was difficult, nothins officially leaveg too exciting though. Tough day at work to kick it off, then had a small birfday shin dig at bjs w/some of my coworkers. Learned bout a new dance showed called '360' a show that I had always tried to make sure I was home for to watch. BUrr and boss lady, celebrate their 1 year anniversary and took a trip to texas, 'dont mess with texas!' Jennifer's suprise party at the park, was cool, errone from errwhurr was there. SOL's annual bondfire was filled with food, prayer, and more. Tuesdays became coffee nite for a little while w/the coworkers. Those were fun, I miss those. Myron's big birfday bash at boomers felt like I was at pdiddy's birfday party. haha Started to go to theo on tap talks at St. Bernards, great talks, great drinks! Ended the month with a fundraiser dance for spirit games...the after party at cana. Made my first apperance at holy fam youf ministry, checking it out and seeing wha they do. Real similar to YFC I thought ha...

AUGUST: SOL's anniversary party was fun filled with dancing, pictures, raffle's and more. Come to think of it, that was the last time I think I spoke to leslie. Its been that long...wow I need to call her. Thanks to arch and murphy lee ha I was able to hop on the 24 hr. fitness bandwagon. That became the summer thing for a while. Disneyland for nini's birfday was fun, and then spending the rest of the day w/tito jess and cha cha was even better. My cousin gets accepted to NYU for dentistry and makes a big move out to the big apple. BEcoming more acquainted with the youf ministry and getting to know them more. Meeting Jesus through francis and jan-michael, the first two kids that I got to know at holy fam. Summerfest comes and goes, which I was really glad it was done with. Found a new place to go and eat, VIP buffet made all of us feel like VIPS. Learned about another show that I ended up watching religously! So You Think You Can Dance...wow nuff said! haha Bought a new celly, after the old one juss dying out on me. Too bad its kinda scratched up...bleh! World Youf Day, was something I wish Id gone to. Skool begins again, a new semester, new classes ha. The mayor of stanton died leaving behind a legacy to build upon. My pillar the growth pillar, hosted a weekend long workshop bout growing in the faith. Big turn out, great fruits. Went to my first underground concert in downtown LA, pretty interesting. Copped the new kanYe west cd, its aiiiight. Took a trip down to daygo for the day, learned how to kayak.

SEPTEMBER: Wow, defiently a september to remember with so many different things happening. WEnt to my annual SCRC convention conference, I loved it! Ran into will again, helped out and volunteered with the young adult ministry. There were times where I juss wanted to say, 'wake up when september ends.' HOW holds it's 2nd evening of songs and prayers. Toni packs her bags and gets ready to leave to italy to go study abroad. YOuf ministry holds its first ever 'JAM nite.' Jesus & Me nite, displaying the different talents of the youf ministry. The US senate elects another chief justice to the supreme court. 2nd annual spirit games, comes bringing lots of fruits. A major success once again! However, I end up loosing my job after being w/the city of stanton for 3 years. Ryanimay replies back to my myspace message I sent him...thas juss the beginning! haha Thursdays become happy hour nite, hitting up different places fo drinks and fun. Holy Fam youf ministry holds its 1st annual youf prayer rally, oh man an evening under the stars. Praise & worship, skits, sleep over, I had a great time bonding with my new ministry. Noreen and michael's wedding, I wish I wouldve been able to stay for the whole reception but it was one jam packed day. Im sure it was a wedding to remember though. Its funny who you run into at these places. Enjoyed the few weeks of unemployment juss chillin. Also september was a month of healing and peace. Praise God!

OCTOBER:
Went to the san perdo region's young adult event. A nite of adoration and a talk bout the Holy Eucharist. Good stuff on growing. Watching roll bounce, made me want to get up and started boogie oogie oogie w/my blades. Brought back memories of my childhood. I decided to teach SRE again this year er rather faith formation. COnfirmation II and eucharist I, both classes with a whole new set of kids. Confirmation II, is still an interesting to come to on tues. nites. God provides me with a new job, at centralia skool district at danbrook elementary skool. Walking in blind folded not knowing exactly what to expect. Holy Fam's parish festival comes around and oh man was it one busy weekend. Pictures galore though, mucho muchO! We had the official first meeting for the young adult meeting, good turn out for the first meeting. My grandpa's sister in law passes away, a huge suprise to errone. Danced the nite away at the RCIA's barn dance...heeehawwwwwwww! Going to friendship games bymyself, and whoooa nelly ha ran into a few people that I knew...star struck! Allen becomes my official confirmation aide, and I really got the chance to get to know him better. ALong with two returning students, carl and jett, becomng my other two aides. Rocked the nite out at club moxie aka club curves w/fred and jei franxis...way to celebrate halloween!

NOVEMBER: A month of different struggles. Highlight of the month meeting ryan along with some other of the dancers in person at d & bs! haha Celebration of birfdays as always in november. We have another special election on some major prop issues. Most of them didnt passs, one major one didnt. Hit up downtown fullerton to celebrate mike and arch's birfday, that was fun d0pe nite. Babyvee turns 21 and so we take a trip down to vegas to celebrate woO! Liwanag's annual benefit concert was tight. HOW's performance had a whole new flava to it then usual. GOing to another wedding, my mom's coworker. They paid me $200 to put together a whole wedding montage for them. Thanksgiving was aiight, couldve been better if there wasn't a lot of drama. Youf ministry hosts a harvest dance to celebrate thanskgiving, rocked the nite away on that one. Ryan gives his yes to come and share at my confirmation class wooo!!

DECEMBER: We had to put my other dog to sleep today, and I was really saddended my that. That's the 2nd one in one year. The Youf ministry's retreat up in the mountains, bore a lot of fruits. Praise God! Giving my yes to serve as an official advisor for the youf. With suffering comes fruits, and a major prayer request is answered. Ryan comes to confirmation at sPv! ha The kids were in total suprise, highlight of the month! ha Work becomes difficult with transitioning of one sub after another. Went to vegas to celebrate my sister's 21st birfday, too bad I came home empty handed. HOw's 3rd evening of songs and prayers, teh christmas edition, was very seasonal. Waking up early to help out with simbag gabi was difficult, but felt good at hte same time to help out. Caroling with the young adult ministry was very joyful. Sharing the christmas spirit to those who were in need. Then doing it again w/the youf ministry at the christian home w/the seniors. Christmas was a very different christmas, realziing how diffrent and unique my family is. Making new friends at the end of the month...ha

THE END: So there you have it a highlight of the different things thaht took place in 2005. What will 2006 bring? More blessings Im sure and we'll wha else God has in store. He has been so great to me this year, despite the trials that I know even better things are yet to come.

"By a Cherokee and a green drop-top..."im done, im out God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home