Make it clap!

Now were clappin cuz now from the moment that i heard you say it was like my favorite track and im like ooh replay it!

Tuesday, January 10

Catching Up

"The patient and humble endurance of the Cross - whatever nature it may be - is the highest work we have to do..."

BIRFDAY SHOUT OUTS: Let me start out by doing shout outs to some of the past january birfdays. Dane aka the danejah, whas there to say bout this guy? He cracks me by the things he says and does at time. Ill never forget that time during summer, when we were in the hall and he started to bust out w/all his cheers. I mean literally, he was doing a whole scene from 'bring it on.' I couldnt stop laughing at how freakin funny it was. Yeah, thas dane alright, I can picture him as a clown in a circus. THough thas his gift, bringing joy into the lives of others. He's got a very hungry spirit, wanting to learn more about his faith, eager to serve and willing to share that love of Christ w/those he cares about. Then there's my lola whos birfday was also the same day. Man she's gone through a lot, battling cancer, loosing kids, yet through all the hardships in her life, she's stayed strong. I really do believe God has a special plan for my family. It's been His grace that hasa allowed us to stay sane in the most difficult moments. Finally, there's nicole whos birfday is actually today. Wow the big 2-5, thas kinda skurry ha! We've gotten to know each other better through these past couple of weeks. One of those people you can spend talking forever. A d0pe, down to earth personality, thas her juss chill. Easy to get along with, avoids drama juss all around a good person. Happy birfday, to all of them, may God's blessing continually being upon them.

DSL SUCKS: Since thursday, Ive been having problems with my stupid dsl line. I hate it, as of lately the only way I can get on dsl is if I knock the phone line out. I had called like a billion times asking for help and there's been no success. The dsl tech guy came on yesterday, and didn't find any type of problems. He suggested it could be a corrupt power cord. He told me to call the telephone comp to report static so they can come out and check the line. I finally did that today, I hate those menus that you have to go through 10 different other menus to get where you need to get. Im going to be lost if they dont find a solution cuz I really dont know wha else it could be. The other part that sucks is, that this is the only I think dsl provider in my area. Verizon doesnt ahve anything, so I guess the next opition would go back to dial up or go to cable. Pray that they find some kind of solutioN!! please that would help!

OLD FRIENDS: Francis called me today to chill, actually it was an unexpected to call. Though those sometimes are the best. I miss chillin w/the ol skool crew, the same ol stuff we would do errweekend. From eating fridays at hte block and errone not paying enough, so being short on the check, watchng the latest movies that would juss come out. Ahh those were the memories, of the past. It's funny cuz francis and I were talking how it seems like we've all grown up. I mean from the first moment we all met(well some of us)when were only wha 18. Now, were all 23-24, gosh how fast time goes by. Yup, those were the days though, we all shared the greatest memories. So we went to the mall together, and he was telling me bout this girl he's seeing right now. Talk bout sprung! From the time he picked me up, to the time we went home, thas all we talked bout. Of course, I wasn't going to bust his bubble, even if it was getting a little redundant. I have to be happy for the guy, after all he is one of my good friends. Yet, it's funny cuz still nothing changes. Which is good, its nice to know that even if you may not talk to each other on the daily basis like we use to, nothing's changed. Yes, and that my friends is the beauty of friendship.

GIVING A YES: Sometimes when you give your yes, you give it like Mary not knowing exactly wha your yes is going to entail. Within the past month, I've learned that myself. Its kinda like that show on mtv. I forgot whas its called but where they go, 'you think you, but you have no idea.' Thas how I see it now, I thought by giving my yes I knew the details of errthang, but apparently I dont. I must've missed the fine size .4 font print when I signed myself away. Its okay though, I realized there are things I still need to learn. THough its weird cuz I generalized all youf to be pretty much the same. After working w/confirmation kids for x amount of years at sPv, errthang was cool. Now coming to holy fam, there are some thing's I've had to learn, and things that I think I'm still learning. I guess its all apart of being the new person, learning the ropes to how thigns work. Sometimes I do wonder if I made the right decision, if I am doing the right thing. THough its in the small things God confirms that I did make choice. Maybe I expected errthang to be like roses, there's always going to be struggle, though God makes all things better...in His time.

WHO'S HOUSE: Alas I have a normal house hold again. The holidays have come and gone, which includes the guests that have come with it. I think I did a pretty good job, doing my share of spending time w/them. Especially considering the circumstances of errthang that has gone on w/in the past couple of weeks. This will defiently be a winter break to remember thas for sure. As much as company is nice to have, it's always nice to get back to the regular routine of things. Im juss glad my counter in the living room is clean again. That I can actually see the counter top now.

PARTIES GALORE: This past week has been a variety of different celebrations. Wha I thought wouldve been a big birfday bash for my lola, wasn't exactly that big. It was alright though we made due with what we had. The sad part was the goodbyes and errthang, goodbyes are always hard to do. We took up the whole living room inside the nursing room and made it our own ha for a couple of hours. It was cool that tehy were nice enough to do that for us. SOme places are strict and they dont care. Dane's party was packed, for a brief moment in time, it brought back memories of my hs days. Minus the whole alcohol and the ghetto people oh yeah and the fights. ha This one was the opposite of that, smart kids, some who will probably end up being doctors, lawyers, nurses, etc. It was like you had the whole of continent of asia represented, chinese, filipino, japanese even indians were there! I couldnt help feeling so old though being that all the kids were still in hs, and here I am(as well as some others)6-7 years older then most of them. I enjoyed myself though, good clean for them. Karaoking, dancing, and all that stuff.

BACK TO NORMAL: So here I am going back to work, Im curious to see whas going to to happen. Wha teacher they're going to hire, who Im going to work with and all that. These past 2 weeks though have been interesting. Drama here and there with some people, relatives coming to town, people in the hospital, getting to know other people. Wow! Talk bout exciting break! I hope though that this teacher they hire, is pretty cool, like the sub I was working with all last month. Going back to the teacher's lounge to hear stories of well their childhood, and other crazy stuff will be fun. Yes, life is slowly going back to normal again.

MAI TAI NIGHT: Nicole's birfday party was pretty crazy. Packed with people from church, sororoities, frats, and errwhurr else. Fun times indeed! I ran into this girl I went to hs with, that I hadn't seen since she graduated hs. She graduated the year before I did, and we were pretty close friends, when I was a jr. and she was a senior. During ASB elections, she handed over to me her position, for icc. Anyway, we sat there talking bout what she's been up to and whas going on in her life. I still all wowed when I hear of classmates being married already w/kids. Even though they're pretty much at that age of being able to settle down. I dont know I guess its juss crazy the stories you hear. I wonder wha people tell other people when they run into me.

THREE'S A CROWD: Hung out w/jan-michael and cherry friday nite. Good times at the loft, it was busy for a friday nite too. So were sittinig at a table and it was the two of them(obviously)sitting on one side, then other side juss me. Anyway, it felt like I was doing a counseling session/interview w/a married couple. Afterwards we went to ralphs to get some laffy taffy since jan-michael wanted to know what a laffy taffy was. Great way to spend a friday nite, this girl I had geology works there and was one of cherry's friend. Cherry was bout to intro. us and the girl was oh yeah I know him we had a class together. Cooool kids, those two are, they're juss chill and not into the heavy stuff. Cute those two kids are.

DOUBLE F'S: So then on saturday, had youf alpha training. Actually, I was planning on not going, but then I figured Id better go before something changes and Im not aware. I think Ive seen the same nicky gumble video for the past how many years now? Same content, same material...the training ended an hour early, which was nice. Met up w/francis later that afternoon at south & gridley to plan out our talk. Though I kinda messed up and printed the wrong info. on St. Dom, so that was a bust. However, we managed to still make use of the time by planning tenative service projects. Went to target to get a binder to put all my youf min. notes and info. though I changed my mind and decided to check wal-mart. Wowed francis, by showing him the express for men store at the mall. He didnt believe me that there actually was a express for mens. Ended up spending the rest of the afternoon there juss shopping. I didnt nordstorm carried triple 5 soul. Francis didnt even know there was a casual section for men's inside the store. Fun afternoon with a fantastic friend ha.

THE GIFT OF COMMUNITY: I stopped by coy's house last nite and dropped off a card for him and his family. First off it was hard trying to find the right kinda card that pertains to his situation. Though, low and behold, I found the perfect one. The past couple of days, Ive been hunting down the core, and advisors to get them all to sign it. Pretty much successful in doing that, on top of that I also bought a him a st. joseph and holy fam medal. I thought those two medals were appropriate for his circumstances. Anyway, the reaction on his face upon opening the card was priceless. I could see how much it meant to him to know he had the support and prayers of his community. It means a lot to know that people who you call 'friends' maybe even 'brothers and sisters' are there for you. It also means a lot to know you can rely on people to pray for you in your time of need. The whole situation of my lolo going to the hospital then coy's dad being in there, has really helped me to get back into the groove of praying the rosary and chaplet daily. Yup praise God for that whole spiritual rediscovery again.

MVP: Last month, each core member on the youf ministry was given 5 tickets to sell for the winter formal. I was a bit afraid at the beginning of not being able to sell my 5 tickets. Being the price of the dance was $35, I didnt think I'd have a great response selling them. Well heck weeks later here I am finished selling my 5 ticketes, and now sold more then my share. In fact the day after christmas when we went to go check out the place, joanne wanted to make a bet to see who would sell the most tickets. I didnt go for it cuz I was afraid I wouldnt win, ha I shouldve taken her up on the bet.

Okay I think Im done for now...Here's some highlights from the weekend! Oh by the way, Its taken me a week to finish this entry! haha






























































"You can run, you can hide but you cant take my life..."im done, im out God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home