Make it clap!

Now were clappin cuz now from the moment that i heard you say it was like my favorite track and im like ooh replay it!

Tuesday, January 3

Out of the Ordinay

“The love of a family is life's greatest blessing...”

I’m going to change the normal blog routine up juss for this time. I have juss a variety of different thoughts that have been scrolling through my mind lately. It’s kinda like a scrolling marquee going on in my brain ha. Anyway, so it’s almost 1am, 12:55am to be exacty and I sit here in this nursing home in Anaheim. If my thoughts seems jumpy or incomplete, they probably are cuz thas how I feel right now. Actually, to be honest, it kinda sucks cuz there’s no internet connection here. At least in the hospital I had full ‘excellent’ wireless connection. Which I found that a little odd, cuz of the fact of all the machines going on there. On my right I have my lolo, who is snoring like a baby right now. Which is a good sign, at least I know he’s breathing. He sounds like my mom, when he snores. On my left is this older man about 5 years younger than my lolo. Apparently, he juss got here himself not to long ago. Don’t worry the light from my laptop doesn’t bother him cuz he’s blind. Poor guy, due to the many different falls he has had, it broke something in his head that affects the vision. Something to that sort, I don’t know thas why I’m not in the medical field. Ha
These past wha 4 days have been wowowee, in so many different ways. I am blessed to have such a hmm supportive family. The Lord has defiantly looked out for my family on so many different occasions. Three years ago, my family was in the same position as we are today. Juss on different circumstances this time. Lolo in the hospital, right after Christmas, spending new years eve, and new years in the hospital. This whole situation as been an eye opener to me, showing me the importance and vaule of family. My aunt and her family from texas came down here. The family is almost complete now, almost errone is hurr. At least for all of my mom’s brothers and sisters.. Her coming to cali, was a surprise for my grandparents. It reminded me of the he-man/she-ra movie when adam surprised his parents by bringing audora back w/him to eternia.
The main reason she’s here is cuz her mother in law passed away and the body was being shipped out to cali. She was sharing the story how she went go wake her up and she wasn’t responding. Though her oxygen was still going and errthang. They call 911, bring her the emergency and get her going again, the doctor tells them she’s alright and if they wanted they go in to see her. They go in she’s some wha conscience of whas going on. The doctors then say they’re going to transport her to another building, so it might be best to come back in a hour or so. Well while they were away the doctor calls them and says she’s not doing real well. She doesn’t have much time left wha do they want him to do. Of course, my uncle tells them to do whatever they can to keep her going. Meanwhile, they all rush to the hospital, by tthat time she had already passed. Pretty crazy huh? In that wha 1 hour time span, she managed to go, w/o them even having a real formal goodbye.
My lolo is strong, he does have a strong heart, strong body, and I think part of is being able to receive Jesus errweek. I mean it’s the eucharist that is fulfilling them, keeping him physically strong to do things. Of course, he can’t do the things he use to do before, but at least he’s here. When I mean, I mean understanding whas going on. Heck he even remembers him falling and being in the hospital. He knows the names of grandchildren and his children. I don’t know that many ninety-nine year olds who can have such a strong memory. Watching him these past few days, made me really appreciate what I have. You know I don’t think I’ve prayed so many rosaries and chapelt’s in my life until this week. Which reminds me I need to pray it before I sleep. I even pray it as I fall asleep. Offering up whatever I can for the healing and recovery of my lolo and coys’ dad too.
New years eve, I go to hospital carrying all this food, preparing to celebrate the new year at the hospital w/the rest of my fam. By the way, we threw our own party inside the cafeteria that nite, ha popping bottles of alaze and apple cider errhwhurr. Kidding, more less juss bottle of apple cider. Anyway, so I’m walking in w/my aunt, my sister, and my mom they all met me outside cuz I had all this junk to bring inside. My mom’s talking to me bout something, then I see hear my name, ‘hey jason.’ I look up to see coy and his family in the main lobby. First question obviously, ‘coy wha are you doing here?’ I mean cmon, the hospital lobby isn’t exactly a normal place to run into people you know. He goes on and tells me the story bout his dad. Wow I was like speechless, I didn’t know exactly what to say. The first thought in my head though was to call mel, and tell her to start telling people to pray for his dad. As coy was telling me the story, I can see in his eyes he was trying to be strong, holding back his tears. Gosh, we both said, what a way to spend the new years. All last week, I was trying to think exactly I was going to do for new years. So in my car on the drive to the hospital, I was thinking although this isn’t exactly how I wanted to spend the New Year, it all happens for a reason. I get down to the cafeteria, where the party is and I’ve got no reception on my phone! Well actually my battery died, so I was trying to charge it. I plug in the charger and tried calling mel at first but she didn’t answer. I call dane next w/juss enough reception to tell him to send out an email asking for prayer’s for coy’s family. I think God gave me juss enough reception to make that call, after that it wsa gone. Come to find out later that I had full wireless connection on my laptop.
I think I’ve seen pretty much almost all the new releases on dvd out there. I’ve been at Lincoln video almost errday this week renting movies. Okay, well not errday, but it felt like it. Watched into the blue on thur. Wow Jessica alba really is hot in that movie. Watched Emily rose again, well still never was able to get to the end of it. American Pie band camp is hilarious along with the 40 year old virgin. Cry wolf was aiight, a little on the predictable side. The whole IM story for the plot is funny though. The gospel was real good. Talking bout conversions! Finally watched stealth, kinda fell asleep at some parts but that was a good one too. Four brothers I ended up buying, I love that movie too. Hmm wha else did I watch, I’ve been renting like 3-4 movies at a time ha
Its also great having community, friends who you can rely on to pray for your intentions. Especially, when it’s something real important and special, I think thas also one of the reasons why my lolo is so strong. All the people who been praying for him and those who continue to pray for him. Man walking around at a hospital in the evening is skurry. I was walking down to ICU last nite, to see if I could check the status of coy’s dad. I kinda got lost and then I hear a nurse ask ‘can I help you?’ It made me kinda jump, there’s juss something bout hospitals that creep me out. Probably cuz it’s the last place you want to be in. Now Im in this convalescent home, and I’m surrounded by all these old people. The guy fred, was saying his son hasn’t came to visit him yet cuz he’s busy w/his job. Pretty sad huh? Im sure it’s like that for many of these people in here. Then when someone does come to visit them it’s totally brightens up their day. My aunt was telling me this story on an email that was being passed around. How there were these two old men inside this home. One of them couldn’t see so he would always ask wha do you see through the window. So the other man would describe the beautiful sky, the park w/the children playing in it. All this beautiful stories, well the man finally goes he asks the nurse to tell her bout whas outside. The nurse said, I see nothing but cement. All this time the other guy was making up all tthese fictional, yet beautiful stories. Then to find out it was all fake, what a kill joy huh?
ANway, I should be trying to rest now. Confirmation starts up again tomorrow, so I’m going to need my energy to teach and I also need to prepare the lesson still. I guess basic lesson for these days, is #1 to never stop praying and #2 to realize the importance of your family. Even through the storms, you still gotta appreciate you have a family to go home to.

"Dont forget about us..."im done, im out God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home