Make it clap!

Now were clappin cuz now from the moment that i heard you say it was like my favorite track and im like ooh replay it!

Monday, January 23

Back in the Habit

"If people spent an hour a week in adoration, abortion would be ended..."

SANCTITY OF LIFE: Thirty-three years ago on Jan. 22, 1973, the Supreme Court legalized abortions. Since the, nearly 50,000,000 innoncent unborn babies have been denied the right to life. THis weekend we commemorate this terrible and sad loss of life and offer prayers of reperation for ourselves and and for country. We ask for God's mercy on all of us and especially for those who have been involved with abortion in anyway that they may turn to the Lord and receieve this merciful, forgiveness, inner healing and loving reconciliation. We ask for God's help to strengthen and help us to work for life. And in the word of the JPII we pray, ' O Mary, Mother of the living, grant that all who believe in your Son may proclaim the Gospel of Life and have the courage to bear witness to it resolutely, in order to build together with all people of good will, the civilization of truth and love, to the praise and glory of God, the creator and lover of life.'

SEEN ENOUGH: You know I think I've seen enough hospitals and nursing homes for a while. Especially hospitals, I hate being in there juss cuz such a despressing place to be at. Well unless someone is giving birth, then it's a bit of a differetn story. Saturday I was at Huntington beach hospital visiting my aunt. She had a knee replacement surgery so we were chillin there w/my mom and sister. So as I was passing by the ICU/CCU doors, I kinda got the chills. I think it juss brought back memories of lolo being in the hospital, then seeing coy and hearing bout his dad. Anyway, so the emt peeps, came and moved my aunt to a nursing home right across the street. She's going to be in there for a week or so, for her own physical therarpy. Dang, I'd die if I had to sleep there. It kinda sucks for my aunt cuz she's in a sardine can room. Its a room w/3 beds and she;s gotta be stuck in the middle. On her right is a 101 year ol woman, and the left is a cancer patient. Those places have a weird smell in them, maybe cuz its filled w/ol people.

WORKS OF MERCY: I have to admit though after spending a lot of time in nursing homes, I was inspired. Well, I figured since I'm the service advisor for the youf group, it would be cool to use the corporal works of mercy as our theme for service. Then I remembered the youf rally from 3 years ago when the theme was the works of mercy challenge. So I popped in the dvd and started watching...wow ol skool stuff right there. It was good stuff seeing wha other communities did for service work. AFter that I ended up calling francis and sharing wha I juss saw and errthang like that so we ended up talking for a little over an hour and then I ended juss going to his house to show him. ha

HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL: So instead of watching the Pacquiao fight I ended up watching this movie on the disney channel, 'high skool musical.' Well as corny as it was, it ended up being real catchy. By the time the movie was over, I was singing along and dancing. Francis had to keep reminding me that it was a disney movie ha. So the movie is about these two kids who come from opposite ends, one being an athlete the other being a academic decathlon person but both w/a passion to sing. LIke all teenage disney movies, the two end up liking each other and they end up getting the star role in the skool musical. Ha I know its real corny, but the songs are catchy and they even had the lyrics on the bottom so you can sing to them.

MAI TAI: After gettinig all jazzed up watching the musical, I ended up going to mai tais. Freakin aye there was a $5 cover charge for the nite! Usually it's free and there is no cover charge, luckily I had enough cash for arch and I. Nicole and her crew were there, along w/some sfc peeps as well. It wasnt as jam packed as the last time I had gone, but it was still fun times. It was a way to juss relax after a long week of work. That place is pretty cool, not to expensive chill atmosphere and you always end up running into someone you know there too. Its the happening place to be I guess.

VOCATIONS: Fr. JOhnny's homily focused on the lack of vocations within the archdiocese today. It was kinda sad cuz he asked errone who has ever thought bout a religous vocation and only tiffany and jan-michael stood up. After mass jan-michael comes out and goes to me, 'foo I know you thought bout being a priest before, why didnt you stand up?' ha I know I shouldve...I guess it was a little skurred to stand up in front of errone. Reality is, it sucks that there is such a shortage of vocations in the world today. Most priests are getting old and/or retiring soon. It jus sucks too that most young people dont find the religous life inspiring. I guess thas why we gotta pray for an increase of vocations.


Maan back to the daily grind...

"Gotta get your head in the game..."im done, im out God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home