Make it clap!

Now were clappin cuz now from the moment that i heard you say it was like my favorite track and im like ooh replay it!

Thursday, January 19

With So Much Happening...

"Competition is a by-product of productive work, not its goal. A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others..."

FIRST THING:
Do me a favor, and pray for my friend coy's dad. This was the guy who I ran into at the hospital when my lolo was there. He had past away on monday. When I was told the news, my heart juss kinda sank. You know how there's special petitions that you hold closely to your heart? That was one of them, I guess being that I actually saw coy in the hospital, and I know what that feeling is like. I really thought he'd pull through though. Eternal rest grant upon mr. canas O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. Other sad news, another friend of mine, this lady from church who's mom has been sick, fighting off cancer(i think thas wha she has)was told by the docs her mom only has a couple weeks to live. Ahh what a way to start off the new year eh?

POSITIVE SIDE: On a more positive note, my lolo is finally home. Praise God! He's been from hospital to nursing home and now finally home. He's in a good condition too, speaking clearly, and very aware of whas going on. Im really thankful that his accident was only minor and nothing major. Gosh, I couldnt imagine if was anything worse. I've decided to spend more time w/them or at least visit them more often. I think it means a lot to him when he sees his family there. LAst week when I stopped by to visit he asked me where I was going. I told him no where, and he told me I could stay w/him. =) It kinda teared me a up a bit. I pray that God continues to bless him and heal him. I can't wait to the big centennial celebration in september!

WINTER FORMAL: The winter formal on sunday was a blast. The m7 performance was hot, a lot of the kids liked it. Groovin and pretending to salsa w/elizabeth, crunkin it w/nicole, circle dancing w/the elders, colored punch to the skkkkkkkkkkky made the nite all the better! I felt like it was prom, sheesh picking up the kids in my parent's escalade ha jk more like escape. The food was great, well actually I only liked the prime rib. The rice pilaf was hard, I didnt care for it too much. The chicken wasn't that good either, oh well. Taking couple pics was funny, then getting the group picture together was crazy trying to get errone altogether. THen having to wait for a couple of kids to get picked up. They all chilled in my car till their ride came, cuz it was ice cold outside. All in the all the evening went pretty well, I liked it. Thanks for the special 'spice' that nite to liven things up...ha helped jiven the dance.




IN THE WATER:
Man there must be something up in the water cuz it seems like errone is all of a sudden pregnant. I was in the teachers lounge for lunch yesterrday and there's two teachers who are pregnant. Then another friend of mine I juss read today is pregnant...whooa crazzzy! Its must be the year of hte baby boomers or something. That makes a total of 6 people who will be giving birf this year. I found out on christmas that my cousin's wife is pregnant too. Its almost like there's some kind of trend goign on. ha yay for new arrivials, thas always something to look forward to. So Im going ot have a wedding, and new babies to look forward to seeing within the next upcoming months.

BAPTISM: Monday was a nice day off, a nice break. Spent pretty much most of the afternoon at francis' house preparing our talk on baptism. Geez, thas probably the most difficult talk I've had to do. Thought it was good, cuz it allowed me to learn more bout wha the sacrament exactly is. I was able to incorporate fr. antony's homily from last week into the talk also. His homily last week was really good. Ive been sharing it with a lot of different people. About identifying and listening to the voice of God. Being able to recgonize wha it is good in our lives and following it. Despite the fact that we live in a world full of modernism, liberalism, etc. I love holy family homilies!

CONFIRMATION: So I think I kinda cracked down on the kids last week. Er I mean I think the lecture I did the week before did some type of good. There was improvements in regarads to going to mass. I decided that even if they dont have their mass cards, Ill give them credit for it. And if they choose to lie bout going to mass, hey thas on them. So I made them to do this 6 point essay asking them to write a full page on if making their confirmation is important to them, why the ywant to make their confirmation, what they've learned so far, defining in their own words what confirmation is and some other ones. Im excited to read their responses, some of them wrote a lot more, while others well didnt write a whole lot. The whole point of the activity was to see where they were coming from. In a sense try to understand them from their perspective. I think Ill spend time this weekend sharing them w/Jesus.







"So sick of you..."im done, im out God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home