Make it clap!

Now were clappin cuz now from the moment that i heard you say it was like my favorite track and im like ooh replay it!

Tuesday, January 24

No Day But Today

"Competition is a by-product of productive work, not its goal. A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others..."

DUST TO DUST:
Skipped out from work and went to coy's father's funeral. It was different how they did the eulogy at hte very beginning of the funeral. All 4 kids went up there and said a little something bout their father. I can only imagine how difficult it was to do that. Their family reminded me of mine...big, then again what filipino family isnt big? At least they dont have to worry bout him suffering anymore. I was asked a couple of awkward questions towards the end during the inscence blessing. The cool thing was ridding through the procession to forest lawn. Going through all the stop lights, I was a bit worried cuz my funeral sticker came off. Darn that high blasting wind! ha I think the saddest part was burial, watching them lower the casket then cover it all up. Thas when you get the real closure like it's finally the end. Wow...on the way back there was this hispanic family talk bout hardcore. The casket was in a carriage then you had a procession of people walking behind it, including a mariachi band. Life is precious.

HOME VIDEOS: I went to visit my lolo and while he was taking a nap, I found some ol skool home videos. Talk bout a blast from the past! I couldnt stop laughing at the way my family looked, the styles were so much different. Yet, nothing really changed, which in a sense is a good thing. Its crazy though how condensed we were back then, a lot of room to move around. Now there's hardly anyroom to move around its lke a club! ha No, I'm exaggerating, however things are much different now. Some have families of their own, others have been remarried, some engaged. Its like I wonder back then if they wouldve expected their life to turn out the way it is now. Home videos are always fun to watch cuz its brings back memories of juss how simple things were.

TGIF: Had lunch after the funeral w/rob at fridays. It's been a while since we had lunch. I dont know why but I was craving fridays or some reason. Then when I got there sushi had sounded good also. We should go back to having baon days, those days were fun! Agh the thing that sucked was rushing to go to work after that. Well for now I dont have to worry bout working in the afternoons yay!

TWO INTVWS: I got a call back from the city of cypress about a position I had applied for waaay back. Last week I receieved a letter from them saying the position was being changed. Now they downgraded the position, the pay is less then it originally was. We'll see how it all goes, I'm juss curious to see wha the new position has in store. On top of that with my background of recreation and child care, the intvw shouldnt be too complicated. I think do pretty well when it comes to job intvws. Then wed. nite I have another one for the rectory, which I think I'm more interested in that one. Probably cuz the envrionment would be a lot more chill then the cypress one. I guess we'll juss have to sit and wait to see whas in store. Prayers please thanks!

ST. JOHN BOSCO: The theme for last nite's youf min. meeting was Saint John Bosco. I brought up the idea during the planning phase to talk bout the life of a saint once a month. I think often times many of the saints and martyrs go unheard, but if you look back on their life its so amazing! Also it's way to compare your life to theirs knowing how some of their struggles were 10x worse then ours now. Dealing with persecution, poverty, etc. etc. The saints was one of the first things I read bout when I came into the renewal. That book I couldnt stop putting it down, I was able to finish it in less than a week. Anyway, praise God for the saints and martyrs, who gave their yes to God, and stayed faithful to Him till the end. Even if it meant going agaisnt wha errone else was doing.

FEELING HIS PRESENCE: The main thing that dane and jay pointed out from their talk was bout distractions. So the question for discussion was how can you deal with distractions or something to that extent. A good point was brought up that despite how busy you are, you still gotta pray. Prayer is the only thing that is going to keep you sane. Even if its juss lifting up a rosary in the morning or some type of prayer. Otherwise, you'll end up loosing your mind from all the outside things going on. At the same time I think it requires you juss to be still. Still enough to feel and know the presence of God. This way like Eli, when the Lord is talking to you, you can reply back saying, 'speak Lord, for your servant is listening.'


FORMAL PICTURES: The winter formal pics came in! Even though I saw them online already, its better to have them in person. Back in hs, that was the exciting part when the pics came in. Errone rushing to pick up theirs and then showing them off to their friends. Cutting them apart and writing little messages to your friends on the back. Making list of who you needed to give pictures to, then realizing 'oh crap! I'm going to have to need more!' haha 'dear natalie, 4th period is soo boring! glad youre in here w/me, here's a picture of so and so and me at the formal. Hope you like it! See ya around! T.C.C.I.C. K.I.T.' hahaa Then you would trade them off as if they were trading cards. So anyone want one of my formal pics? Ill write on the back for you! haha

CHATROOMS: The past couple of nites we've been having online chatrooms. Those are always fun cuz you end up talking bout the most randumbest things. Then you bring in people to meet other people and all kinds of crazy stuff gets thrown around. I remember back in teh days when we would have online prayer meetings. Okay whos going ot lead? okay ready? In the name of the Father...ha that one time we had errone up in the mix from banne to aela, to em, wow we had the whole community in one chatroom. Ahh the good ol days...


Passing me by...

"Here I am to say that you're my King..."im done, im out God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home